Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

Thinking of...

I'm thinking of carrying over all hours per pilot, maybe also missions flown. Main reason being it would make the kills/hours ratio look a bit more realistic (purely an aesthetic thing), but it would also mark a DiD player's vet-ranking (so to speak).

Service on 2-seaters would be to a max of 50 hours (irrespective of how many times you've had a 2-seater persona). Eg, once you've accumulated 50 hours total on 2-seaters no more 2-seater duty required.

Thoughts gentlemen?

Sounds reasonable to me, Siggi. Some of "my men" seem to like them though.

So it should be a "can be", not a "must be", I think.

Sounds reasonable to me, Siggi. Some of "my men" seem to like them though.

So it should be a "can be", not a "must be", I think.

Absolutely a "can be". Those who want to continue flying 2-seaters, even after they've amassed a total of 50+ hours, will be free to do so. :good:

No problem here, sounds great. Now that I have the time to fly after a wonderful wedding, the weather has gone to the dogs again, as we often say here in this part of the world. sad.gif

When I started out on two-seaters I did'nt think I would enjoy it - but to get to the sortie area in one piece, completed the task and hopfully get you and your flight back is so very satisfying (although I'am not even close to the 17 hours mark yet!) Having the option would add even more immersion to an already well contructed campaign - thank you for making it so enjoyable.

If anyone is thinking of joining - give it a go it is a real hoot!!!

Edited by Beanie

Haha! Ras, here we say: You wouldn't kick the dog out in this wheather

W.C. Fields comes to my mind. In one movie, he plays a theater director/actor.

Every now and then, he would look out of a cabin. A hand would throw paper

snow in his face, and he'd say: This is no wheather not for man nor beast!

I'm thinking of carrying over all hours per pilot, maybe also missions flown. Main reason being it would make the kills/hours ratio look a bit more realistic (purely an aesthetic thing), but it would also mark a DiD player's vet-ranking (so to speak).

Service on 2-seaters would be to a max of 50 hours (irrespective of how many times you've had a 2-seater persona). Eg, once you've accumulated 50 hours total on 2-seaters no more 2-seater duty required.

Thoughts gentlemen?

Sorry, not sure I understand. Does this means carrying a pilots bomber hours over into their fighter career (which I totally agree with), or does it mean carrying over a dead pilot's hours to the new replacement pilot (which I would absolutely disagree with since it would would make the DiD Standard pretty much meaningless)?

Sounds good Siggi.

Another thought...

How about mixing up the time frame a bit? Maybe jump ahead a year at the end of an quarter. For example: At the start of January we skip ahead to 1917, at the start of April we skip to 1918, the start of July we're back in 1916, and so on.... Otherwise, we'll have to wait a couple years to get our shiny new Fokker DVIIs.

What do you think?

Velvet,

Ryan

Guest British_eh

Yes Siggi, sounds good.

In my hiatus I have taken my Dr.1 Pilot up for a spin, literally. After flying a bus for months, to step into a Scout, well, it was twitchy flying for sure, and the manoeuvrability was outstanding. On the negative side, no one to watch my sixblink.gif Mangaed to last , myself and 3 Dr.1's and 3 Halbs, against 11 SE5a's , with a couple of British Aces, ( I took a quick look after seeing them fly around my Dr.1). Was a bit shot up, but put 2 of them down. TIR helped.

Cheers,

British_eh

Scout, as far as I understand, only the two-seater time will be summed up,

so that you mustn't return to them anymore, once you collected 50 hours.

You must not, but you could, if you wanted.

The "time-jumping" idea is rather not practical, although I understand, that

you want to fly a D VII, Velvet. But it would mess the whole thing up a lot.

Ok, forget the hours thing, and no more PMs on that, thangyuverimush. :grin:

Knocking the 2-seater requirement on the head seems popular though (but only for those who have done it at least once and successfully transfered to fighters). To clarify:

All new DiD recruits will be required to start on bombers, and remain on bombers until they have transfered. Thereafter they can stay on fighters through successive careers, or carry on with bombers or choose one or the other (bombers or fighters). However, if they choose another bomber career they cannot transfer to fighters with that persona. Or, to put it another way, once a player has had one successful transition from bombers to fighters he can thereafter choose bombers or fighters for any subsequent persona but must stick with that choice until that persona's termination (POW, KIA etc).

So, all you chaps who are currently on fighters, you are no longer obliged to start a new persona on bombers. You can though, if you wish, choose bombers for your next persona, but if you do you will have to stick on bombers for the duration of that persona's life.

Anyone currently on bombers can transfer in the normal way, even if it's their second or more times on bombers.

Velvet, I'm not up for mixing the time-frame, sorry. The fixed real-time aspect of this current DiD is probably it's best component (at least in my opinion), for a host of reasons. If one thinks of all the plane types as chocolates, isn't it better to eat them slowly over time rather than stuff the lot in one go and feel a bit green around the gills afterwards? Kind of thing. :grin:

err...umm...well OK then. I best not lose my current pilot as I will be too confused as to which way to start a new career.

just kidding

Siggi, I agree we should continue to use the Newtonian theory of time for this DiD campaign. As much as I like Einstein and all I really don't want to deviate from the old striaght line time-space continuum in this particular instance. Now, if we could actually fold time and space onto itself so we could all jump back and really give this a go, well that's a whole different matter, (pun definitely intended). :biggrin: