Sign in to follow this  
CamelB6313

Mission Recorder?

I was wondering if there was a mission recording program available somewhere - would be nice to review missions; as I remember it, it was one of my favorite features in IL2; I got to see how I was shot down and what I did right.

Any ideas?

no. it's not a part of OFF at this time--

I also can't imagine it being something that would likely ever exist for OFF.

somebody else would have to go into more detail as to why. but that's just my hunch.

Camel, after a mission you can click "replay" or "review" or similar in the briefing window.

But that will just show a map with your flightpath being drawn; and every action will be

told with data about rounds fired, altitude, being hit etc. No video though.

I assume, that CFS3 just didn't support that feature.

You can get the program FRAPS, and make videos with it. The full version costs about

20,- Euro; but there is a free test version - just google for FRAPS.

lol.gif Just FRAPS -Inn around is great. Its the main reason why I will keep this old computer setup and running as long as I can. You could use FRAPS as a gun camera for any game or as a story telling device such as a war patrol in a Sub. ( Slient Hunter 3 comes to mind and BoB wings of Victory, Jutland ?. I FRAPS as much as I can. Its so relaxing unless U goof up The story board or upload some place in your computer that U will never find. rofl.gif

There's a super little utility for recording FS2004 and FSX flights...I dont know if it could somehow be incorporated into CFS3/BHaH at some time?

http://www.fs-recorder.net/

Though I suspect not

The guy who made it seems a pleasant enough German fellow..might be worth asking?

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

A big disadvantage of FRAPS is, that you cannot change the viewpoint, zoom factor etc. when viewing the record.

Edited by Manuc

A big disadvantage of FRAPS is, that you cannot change the viewpoint, zoom factor etc. when viewing the record.

Technically you're correct, but put your raw footage through virtualdub, and you can play about with it to some extent.

The big problem is it only records what you see, as you see it. Miss something, and it's gone forever. Even when you get good footage, it's only recorded from a single viewpoint. But when you think about it, that's exactly what you get with a video camera. No better, but no worse either.

I have been told there are remnants of a recording facility similar to Il2 somewhere inside CFS3, but never finished and wholly dysfunctional. It was a feature they disabled because it wasn't ready in time for release. There's more than one person reckon CFS3 was only fit for beta release...

But don't give up CamelB6313, you can still have fun making movies, it's just more of a challenge...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JTSthEjxecA

Edited by Flyby PC

Well, Jammer used to make some excellent videos with FRAPS.

He worked like a director, making cockpit shots as well as outer sight shots,

and later he edited it them - just search YouTube for "Over Flanders Fields Jammer".

Here is his "The Dark Knight":

Edited by Olham