Sign in to follow this  
foreigndevil

Lucky day

Got myself a copy of "Flying in Flanders", a 1971 US pocket book about Willy Coppens the Belgian ace, in a second hand bookshop today! I know what I'll be reading during my winter holidays! Now if only his aircraft was in OFF ...wink2.gif

• Like 1

Just to let you know, that model is not part of the OFF build and will not work in campaign mode. You might be able to select it in QC, provided all of the correct files are included.

Hopefully in the future we'll have our own HD-1 in OFF, as I'd love to see Coppens flying in his blue highlighted Balloon Buster. :)

OvS

foreigndevil, that book is an excellent read Sir. It is the reprint of his personal memoirs originally titled, "Days On The Wing". I happen to have a 1931 first English edition of that work and have read it a couple of times. While Willy can be a bit critical now and then in his writings, it is none-the-less one of the top aerial war journals of the time, and the only one written from the Belgian perspective that I am aware of. Enjoy.

Cheers!

Lou

BTW, there are some replicas of WWI aircraft in the small but interesting Stampe Museum in Antwerp. Here's a shot of one being put through some engine tests.

post-45978-12602921776764.jpg

Just to let you know, that model is not part of the OFF build and will not work in campaign mode. You might be able to select it in QC, provided all of the correct files are included.

Hopefully in the future we'll have our own HD-1 in OFF, as I'd love to see Coppens flying in his blue highlighted Balloon Buster. :)

OvS

No problem in flying the Hanriot in QC, S.J. made a good job inhere, it is not like the Gotha, that is flying like a scout.  

That will be great some Belgian Escadrille in OFF3!!! :yes: