Sign in to follow this  
Vambrace

Weapon editor guide

On the weapon editor on missile types. there are 11 tabs which add more features to the weapon.

Terminal Guidance

target memory

mid-course correction

home on jam

optical back-up

IFF interrogator

seeker uncage

seeker slave

sea skimming

terminal pop-up

lofted

can anyone give me some advice on what they do. thanks

Terminal Guidance - allows refinement of target position, etc. before hitting, mainly after midcourse guidance. I.e. the R-77 is actually guided (SARH) before its own seeker turns on.

target memory - Remembers what target it is, and good for AAMs and Anti-radiation missiles

mid-course correction - Mainly for AAMs, the radar updates the missile mid-flight.

home on jam - self-explanatory, so when the aircraft jams, it's not fooled and switches to home on the jammer of the targeted aircraft.

optical back-up - Has an optical seeker (radar AAMs) as a backup to it's primary sensor.

IFF interrogator - determines if it's a friend or foe, but seems to be borked in TW sims.

seeker uncage - lets the seeker track the target

seeker slave - Mainly for helmet mounted sighting systems, the seeker follows the monocle on the helmet.

sea skimming - pretty self explanatory.

terminal pop-up - before hitting the target, it rises up before hitting the target.

lofted - "lifts up" when launched.

Edited by EricJ

just to clear things up.

seeker uncage- the missile (mostly IRM) will lock on to the enemy on its own

seeker slave- gives the missile (IRM again) off boresight capability

Pretty much, plus various g ratings will give a missile better off-boresight capability (the ability to actually to make the intercept) along with the seeker.

Yep. There's an AIM-9X available in the various weapons packs, if that's what you're looking for.

so the higher the gimble, the higher the off-angle shot you can pull off?

and if so, can i pull off an off-boresight shot just by looking at the target I want to lock on to?

Edited by Vambrace

Ehh... I've done some snapshots with it, but you have to hit "R" to target the aircraft (if Red Crown calls it up) then you can do such a thing, or if your backseater calls it too. Gimbal rate determines how fast the seeker locks onto the target, so when you hit F4 to padlock the target, the weapon will do it's thing, and you can do such a thing. The TW sims doesn't model modern HMS systems very well... Well it's not even a function, so doing that is the best way to "replicate" such a move.

This is a shot I took after shooting a MiG-21 with a -9X, I padlocked it and got it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2687005&l=6292c9449a&id=768464854