Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Angels Wing

drinks.gif I was over at a site called The Yellow Airplane.com and spotted a French DVD with an English Actor in the film.The information says that The the film is about a Pilot who overcomes handicaps to Knock down a lot of a/c during WWI. Any one ever see it? Does anyone have it? Its caled Angels Wing dont know when it was made. Its in French but has sub titles.

Thanks heat.gif

It is about Guynemer a lot, I would say. He cannot join the French army due to his

tuberculosis, he just cured; they won't have him. Then he works hard on becoming

a pilot, although he suffers from vertigo. But he makes it and starts in the Morane

Parasol. Well, I won't tell the whole film, but I found it good.

Olham, from your short description it sounds like they were pretty accutate about Guynemer. I may have to go looking for this one myself.

Lou, for a man as interested in the whole WW1 aviation as you are, I would say:

you can't do anything wrong there - get it; you will like it.

You should even watch it without reading the subtitles the first time - it was

incredible, how much I got without being any good at French. But it's the expression

and the acting, and what they do, that explains it almost intuitive.

Salute.gif Well The critics didnt like this film, of course they didnt like Flyboys. I have the DVD and saw Flyboys

along with the grandson and we liked it. The critics didnt like the Red Baron film but if it shows up in the U.S.

I will buy it. In conclusion, I think I will buy this one too.good.gif Thanks Guys for your input.

Just a headsup I got this from Amazon and the picture quality is poor not sure all versions are mastered the same way, but just a FYI.

Seems to be a very small area used on the picture frame.

I watched part of it so far, seems OK otherwise.