Sign in to follow this  
rafvr

FE in Windows 7 64Bit

Has anyone tried FE in Windows 7 with or without using "compatibilityselection" and if so

what was the result??

Thanks

George

with 7 in 32 bit using the compatibility function, I got good results.

runs in Win7 64 bit okay on a quad core - put in the enbseries mod it maxes out too

runs in Win7 64 bit okay on a quad core - put in the enbseries mod it maxes out too

Same here. Works without any problems. No compatible stuff.

Best regards

Up and running in x64 bit, no compatibility needed, though you should install to a folder/drive OTHER than the default program folder (in order to allow program to write to disk, make screenshots...). Oh, also run the sim as administrator (right click the .exe to see the drop down menu).

I installed using only the original download from 3rdwire, vintage 2006, and then simply grabbed the WWI folder from my other drive and substituted. Works fine, no need to rebuild the game if severely modded (and who hasn't?).

I had issues with DirX9 needing update, who knew! Error messages fly about dll's missing...

I tried the ENBseries mod as well but don't think I've seen the jump in performance that others are talking about. It is a simple install so I'm pretty sure I did it correctly.