Sign in to follow this  
hgbn

You can still find low mileage older cars

gallery_29981_388_22931.jpg

gallery_29981_388_45822.jpeg

Bought a "new" old car today. A 1987 Opel Omega 1.8i GL Automatic in more or less mint condition. Never been welded still in stock paint with no dents or scratches with 80779 Km on the odometer or 50235 Miles.

very nice!

I wonder how many times the odometer has turned over...........

(just kidding!!!)

nice set of economic wheels. Congrats.

:good:

very nice!

I wonder how many times the odometer has turned over...........

(just kidding!!!)

nice set of economic wheels. Congrats.

:good:

:blink: Hopes it didnt turned over it goes to 999999Km :grin:

:blink: Hopes it didnt turned over it goes to 999999Km :grin:

probably only once then

:lol:

Omega used to be the car of my dreams ages ago(specially the 4.1, helluva car), when i was 15 i guess... :grin:

anyway i don't even think in get one of these today , specially when when its far from economic here.

Edited by Silverbolt

A couple of years ago we got a '91 Ford Explorer from our great uncle in the U.S of A. It only had a couple thousand miles on it, and the paint and interior were perfect. Not a single scratch, ding, stain or smell.

After a radiator replacement, a new ECU and a transmission, drive train and suspension overhaul, we learned that the odometer had already gone around TWICE.

We put it around once more before we traded it in for our current vehicle. :biggrin:

Mine (the little red one of course)!

Almost 14 years old, still doing 1 litre to 17 kilometres when driving 110 km/h.

Very satisfying, as it feels like driving 220 km/h that low to the tarmac.

It's a Rover built Mini Kensington 1996 with a 1.3 injection engine

producing a whopping 70 bhp. Empty weight is just over 600 kilogrammes

so it's as fast as lightning.

This version was sold in The Netherlands, Germany and Japan and has

full leather seats, Webasto roof, walnut wood interior and that fiesty

engine. A pity it only has 4 gears, otherwise the top speed would have

been even better. Well, really driving 160 km/h is scary.....

Bought it a couple of years ago and will never sell

it, it is a dream to drive in although a bit bumpy like a kart.

Hurray for the oldies!

Edited by Muesli

Mine (the little red one of course)!

Almost 14 years old, still doing 1 litre to 17 kilometres when driving 110 km/h.

Very satisfying, as it feels like driving 220 km/h that low to the tarmac.

It's a Rover built Mini Kensington 1996 with a 1.3 injection engine

producing a whopping 70 bhp. Empty weight is just over 600 kilogrammes

so it's as fast as lightning.

This version was sold in The Netherlands, Germany and Japan and has

full leather seats, Webasto roof, walnut wood interior and that fiesty

engine. A pity it only has 4 gears, otherwise the top speed would have

been even better. Well, really driving 160 km/h is scary.....

Bought it a couple of years ago and will never sell

it, it is a dream to drive in although a bit bumpy like a kart.

Hurray for the oldies!

Fantaaaaaaaaaastisch !!!!!good.gif

Derk

In '94 I bought a 1967 Beetle (just like the one in Muesli's pic) with only 25.000 km on the clock. I'm pretty sure they were original since it was only used during the summer holidays. I happily did the remaining 100.000 before selling it with over 130k. The problem with these cars nowadays is that with the anti pollution laws we have, you almost cannot use them anymore.

That Omega looks quite pristine and 80s Opels were really solid cars, enjoy your (almost) new ride.

Omega used to be the car of my dreams ages ago(specially the 4.1, helluva car), when i was 15 i guess... :grin:

anyway i don't even think in get one of these today , specially when when its far from economic here.

Silverbolt,

You would be better off with a 2.6i or 3.0i with the orginal german straight 6 engine versus the old 250 Cui heavy lazy straight six from Chrevrolet. I had a 2.6i GLS a few years back. It was very fast and very econominal.

Top speed on the german autobahn 235 km/h or 146mph and driving 11km/L or 41.8 mpg with mixed driving with a 4speed automatic. Best car I ever had only fault by Omega's is rust.

Btw for you in the US. You'll probably know the Omega as a bagde engined Cadillac Catera which is a basic Opel Omega B MV6

Silverbolt,

You would be better off with a 2.6i or 3.0i with the orginal german straight 6 engine versus the old 250 Cui heavy lazy straight six from Chrevrolet. I had a 2.6i GLS a few years back. It was very fast and very econominal.

Top speed on the german autobahn 235 km/h or 146mph and driving 11km/L or 41.8 mpg with mixed driving with a 4speed automatic. Best car I ever had only fault by Omega's is rust.

Btw for you in the US. You'll probably know the Omega as a bagde engined Cadillac Catera which is a basic Opel Omega B MV6

well, when i say it isn't economic, it really isn't here :grin: the economic that we had here in Brasil was the 2.0 CD with Monza's engine it used to do 9 km/liter IIRC, and and it keep going down with 3.0(6 cilinder straight , as you mentioned, the german) and hits the bottom with 4.1

Here in Brasil, almost all Opel Cars are re-relesed as chevrolet.

btw, in last April i had the oportunity to drive an 4.1 CD 1995(i think) powered up with that powertech lotus, the beast is awesome i drived from here, Brasilia to a 200km city away from here, Goiania, thank god there were no radars to fine me, the car responds imediatelly, better than anything i've ever drive.

:blink: Do you know if they got the Dual Ram fuel injection?? Sounds weird.. I had a 2.0i GL stationwagon to. it used to drive 12.5 km/l with mixed driving. But then again the terrain in Denmark is relative flat.

:blink: Do you know if they got the Dual Ram fuel injection?? Sounds weird.. I had a 2.0i GL stationwagon to. it used to drive 12.5 km/l with mixed driving. But then again the terrain in Denmark is relative flat.

is that gasoline or diesel?:blink:

92 octane unleaded gasoline