Sign in to follow this  
Speedy2511

New to the game

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this game, and as far as i can see its the best WW1 Flight Sim since Red Baron 2!

I have a question:

Is it possible to view all the planes and skins in the menu? I mean without loading a flight?

Or maybe witha external programm?

Greetings from Germany

Nico

Hi Speedy welcome aboard, if you go back a couple of page's there's a topic on veiwing skins. Salute.gif

Welcome aboard! New guy buys the drinks drinks.gif

As for your question, there's a way to look at the models outside the game, but not to specify which skin they wear. Create a new shortcut with the target the same as for playing the game, but with the command line parameter -m3dview. When this comes up, you'll see a small window with just menu options. Select File/Open, then go to the \aircraft folder and pick whichever plane you want. In the plane, go to the \models folder, and pick the .M3D file that doesn't end in "_c". This plane will then appear in the other window, and the usual POV commands will move your POV.

To view the skins outside the game, you need a 3rd party program that can view .DDS files. I use WTV, but I forget where I found it.

Hi and welcome. Skins, yeah there's soon to be over 4,000 for OFF. It is rather overwhelming in the best way possible. There are a lot of excellent user made skins in the forum download section also. Many of them offer a preview. You're in for a wonderful time.

Welcome to the OFF virtual skies Speedy! I'll have a black and tan with a bag of salt and vinegar crisps, thank you very much.

drinks.gif

Hey, Speedy/Nico

You can use Bullethead's way, or you google for a freeware like "DXTBmp", which I use.

There, you click on "browse" and search for the skin files.

Those are here:

(Your sim folder) > campaigns > campaign data > skins

If you should ever have a difficult question you couldn't say in English, write it in German.

I'm German too.

Oh, before I forget: this is NOT a game! But you'll find out...

PS: please send me a PM with your hometown, and I'll add you to our OFF Pilot's maps.

Edited by Olham

Thanks guys!

And yes, a pay the drinks!:drinks:

Thanks for the quick answers!

In the next days i first fly a few Quick Missions to get more comfortable with the game.

It's a long time since i play RB2. I must learn from the beginning.

In my first Testflight it took me minutes to hit a Bomber with my D2.

But the game is a lot of fun:clapping:

Greetings from Germany

good.gif Ah Fresh Meat, Welcome to the meatgrinder and soon you will be hearing OFF s favorite tune TAPS.drinks.gif