Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Sf1 terrains in Sf2?

I browsed SF2 Knowledge base for info but there is nothing. Is something special needed to do in order to run Sf1 terrains in SF2 series? Or I have to install it the old way? Thanks!

I browsed SF2 Knowledge base for info but there is nothing. Is something special needed to do in order to run Sf1 terrains in SF2 series? Or I have to install it the old way? Thanks!

It should work fine, but i´m not sure. Since i got Desert Strom terrain in SF2E, it crashes to desk in every post-action report

ps. No me llames por msn, estoy con el ordenador pillado para variar. Debo dejar de bajarme peliculas guarras

Edited by macelena

If its just terrain tiles and tods for a repaint then expect it work fine if you put it in the right place.

If it references anything in SF1 that isnt there in SF2 then it wont work - also if the terrain has old ini files in it you may need to rework them using the new versions - but depends

The ones I've tested work just fine.

Some editing of the terrain's data ini may be necessary to take advantage of the newer effects, but that aint' nothing. Just extract one of the stock terrain data inis from their respective SF2 terrain cats (Desert, GermanyCE, VietnamSEA) to see how they're listed, make the necessary adjustments and zingo...off you go.

wrench

kevin stein

ps: don't forget the cat pointer line ... it works exactly the same as it did in 1st Gens

Want to install Stary four seasons plus trees into WOE2.

Want to install Stary four seasons plus trees into WOE2.

Hi Stratos, I was away from CA for long time...

The updated NF4+ has everything needed to make it work, give it a try

I need to install NF1,2 and 3 before installing NF4? Are those compatible with SF2:Europe?

Don't remember... NF4+ is an updated version of NatoFighters 4 for SF2E, the installation should be in file info

MAybe I missed somehow but can't found any reference to SF2:Europe in Nato Fighters 4 readmes, maybe they are not compatible?

NF4 is for WOE. NF4+ is for SF2E. Don't mix them up!!