Sign in to follow this  
Planejunky

HARM's not guiding

Hi,

I've just downloaded the superb F/A-18E/F, however when flying a SEAD mission I can't get the AGM-88D HARM to guide onto the target. Despite the enemy radar transmitting, they just fly straight into the ground!

Has anyone else found this problem, and can they offer a solution please?

Cheers

Guest rscsjsuso5

don't know if this helps but i use the agm-84d on a b52 work like a charm simple ground mode for site and radar and then either press r or e and has a lock or somewhat a lock and then fire away . i don't know a lot about agm-88 probably its a tv guided missile as tv guided doesn't work well with the simulation as i recall a fellow member in the forum as stating . i would suggest if u want a long range/impact agm try the highest model for the mavs to the land but for the sea like ships try the 84s.

:grin: smiles to u and thanks for your contributions to the community

f-18 info not a solution but specs for aircraft http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F/A-18E/F_Super_Hornet#Specifications_.28F.2FA-18E.2FF.29

It has nothing to do with the aircraft, it's the weapon itself. Planejunky check your AGM-88D values, particularly here:

MinFreq=2.000000

MaxFreq=40.000000

If what you see in your AGM-88D_DATA.ini is both zeros for these values, copy and paste and it'll start hitting. However, it depends too on how many SAM systems are on the map (Afghanistan map is a good one), so there is a possibility of it getting "confused" and simply not hitting anything.

Edited by EricJ

Or very easily you could be firing the missile too close to the sam site. All the ARM missiles tend to be pretty long range.

It has nothing to do with the aircraft, it's the weapon itself. Planejunky check your AGM-88D values, particularly here:

MinFreq=2.000000

MaxFreq=40.000000

If what you see in your AGM-88D_DATA.ini is both zeros for these values, copy and paste and it'll start hitting. However, it depends too on how many SAM systems are on the map (Afghanistan map is a good one), so there is a possibility of it getting "confused" and simply not hitting anything.

The aircraft is superb Eric! I've noticed issues with other weapons too where the sim seems to change the data file (the Brimstone launcher issue springs to mind). The above values were indeed set to zero, and overwriting those lines has sorted out the problem perfectly! Many thanks. :good:

No problem and thanks! Just remember to mod the other anti-radar missiles too. SF2 adds alot of nitpicky things but overall it adds alot to the immersion factor, and to me puts more research into the weapon, plane, etc. now.

No problem and thanks! Just remember to mod the other anti-radar missiles too. SF2 adds alot of nitpicky things but overall it adds alot to the immersion factor, and to me puts more research into the weapon, plane, etc. now.

Of course now we just need to port over those lovely Super Bug skins from the first generation to work with SF2! :grin:

Hehe all you have to do is just some creative copying and pasting :good:

Eric, had the same problem, thanks!

No problem!