Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

How to replace the Sea?

Hi folks, i've dugged in Knowledge base but i wasn't suceful in find this question.

i think the black sea terrain would look a lot better if i can change the sea tile...does anybody have a better waternormal.bmp? i record ages ago Fubar512 and Brain32 did a beautifull high resolution tile for vietnam sea, but i can't find the topic about it and even if i do i think the attachment will be probably lost.

and one more thing: that Fubar's water shader effects....how can i implement in another terrain that is not GermanyCE?

thanks in advance.

Can you use the Terrain Editor??? That'd be one way (ie: retile the ENTIRE map, including ALL the sea/land transition tiles).

The other, would be to rebuild/repaint the existing tiles (again ALL the Sea and Sea/Land transitions -including any river tiles) with the new 'water areas' copy/pasted on (whichever) tiles you want to change, replace the alpha channels from whereever you get the nicer ones, edit the terrain's data ini to match and hope for the best.

Remember: each terrain has a specific naming convention; you can use any GermanyCE type tiles on any other map that was built with GermanyCE tiles; same goes for Desert, VietnamSEA or IsraelME. You can even import tiles from one to the other, but only through the TE, by editing the ***TextureList.ini, in one of it's functions (Edit Texture Map List). That's also how newly created tiles are added.

As to the effects, they're data ini edits, but you'll need the .fx files, and most likely the tile tga's as well. Fubar will have to weigh in here on that one.

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for the Info Wrench, i think i'll go using the manual replacement with PS, just need to find some time to do it ,i have bad memories using the TE.

grin.gif

Don't forget that the shore tiles must also be be repainted to match the sea tiles. The best color scheme to use is a solid one, as the water shader stands out best when presented against a solid back-drop.

Guest Eject

Can you use the Terrain Editor??? That'd be one way (ie: retile the ENTIRE map, including ALL the sea/land transition tiles).

The other, would be to rebuild/repaint the existing tiles (again ALL the Sea and Sea/Land transitions -including any river tiles) with the new 'water areas' copy/pasted on (whichever) tiles you want to change, replace the alpha channels from whereever you get the nicer ones, edit the terrain's data ini to match and hope for the best.

Remember: each terrain has a specific naming convention; you can use any GermanyCE type tiles on any other map that was built with GermanyCE tiles; same goes for Desert, VietnamSEA or IsraelME. You can even import tiles from one to the other, but only through the TE, by editing the ***TextureList.ini, in one of it's functions (Edit Texture Map List). That's also how newly created tiles are added.

As to the effects, they're data ini edits, but you'll need the .fx files, and most likely the tile tga's as well. Fubar will have to weigh in here on that one.

wrench

kevin stein

My Sea Issue in my WOE is fixed already after I copied/pasted the Normal Water mod I DL here. Exactly same look with the screenieabove before I pasted it, and, no forget, as said by the modder, set it on High res! Wow!!! Now I can see waves all around.

Sadly, same steps did not work with the Libya Terrain Sea. Discussed already at lenght at TW Forum with samples of strange sea...........is simmering the correct term?

Edited by Eject