Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT Dark Blue World Movie

Just took a punt on Amazon with this movie (only £6)..so worth a look...will let you know what it's like :drinks:

eerrr...maybe,im not sure if its the same one,its actually an ok film bout polish,czech or some foreign pilot people i think..but it uses the battle o britain film footage for its shooty shooting parts.

i may be totally wrong,but dont care if i am ;)

xx v xx

Edited by HotNess

Yep, seen that one. Some use of of the 1969 Battle of Britain film for the aircombat, along with some CG, but it's not bad altogether. It's about the Czech pilots who made their way to England, and flew for the RAF during the battle of1940. But it also jumps around a bit to pre and post Czechoslovakia, as the pilots who tried to go home after the war were thrown in gulags for being too westernised. And of course the pre-war era when things were good for them.

Hi Folks,

I totally enjoyed this film. It had a lovely european feel to it, and the action scenes, only some of which came from Battle of Britain, still looked wonderful. I think they might have been spruced up a bit in the last 40 years.

Certainly worth watching. The spitfires looked wonderful.

Wouldn't it be great though if the one or two flyable Messerschmitts in the world could get into a film like that. But even the Spanish (?Buchon) German planes are being lost now. If I recall correctly, either one of the Messerschmitts (Merlin engined) or the He-111 (Merlin engined) crashed in the last year or so. Black 9 is back at the factory, hopefully to be re-built.

But the pilots of these old planes are also being killed as they crash too. Very sobering.

Regards,

George.

I have it, it's pretty good. :good:

Definitely worth £6 WM. Spitfires and air combat scenes, plus, it's a good story and well-acted to boot. Cinematography-wise it's as nearly as good as Pearl Harbour but it has the advantage of decent acting, realistic flying and a plot!

Couldn't have said it any better, Dej. Yes, for 6,- Pounds it's a bargain.