Sign in to follow this  
bwild

Jetting Through the Grand Canyon

Did the same (VERY uncool blink.gif ) when flying Jane's USAF. Great fun ......

Hou doe,

Derk bye.gif

Guest Eject

Did the same (VERY uncool blink.gif ) when flying Jane's USAF. Great fun ......

Hou doe,

Derk bye.gif

Heheh, I did the same several times virtually tho, in ANW that terrific Terrain with so many treacherous canyons! Flying my Su-27 family at low speed, also the MiG-17s speed low. I did that crazy thing when I got bored having wiped out the enemy's ground targets........

Btw, I have raad long ago on-line re dreams interpretations. It remains a bit "dark" topic, or rather, grey area. I am not telling you baloney, yet I have had some ten, consistent dreams of FLYING in the past. They are so vivid they baffled me.

Save that film!! lol.

I like my Quiet when outside in Nature but you have to realize that jet thunder is pure nature as well as the sound of freedom and goes well with nature. I'm weird like that but it is, what it is. I should live near an airport, sleep like a baby. When I lived near choo choo tracks same thing but not quite as nice as teh jets. The only thing that might sound better and more natural is big space rocket.

1970 solo cross country out of NAS Kingsville,Texas,in TA-4J. 400 knts IAS(good maneuvering speed).

I wasn't as low as they were,but I did look up at a couple of viewing platforms with people on them. :yikes:

Radar "floor" was a lot higher back then.

I as nervous for several weeks after,but no one reported it. :heat:

Edited by ezlead

Rockets sound like a long, rolling peal of thunder that gets louder before it gets softer. Sometimes it shakes the house, sometimes you can barely hear it, sometimes you're not sure that's what you're hearing or not.

It all depends on weather/atmospheric conditions, really.

I forgot about that. A good thunderstorm on approach is the coolest sound ever made.

Why the music couldn't they have left the sound of the JET ??? Otherwise great footage

Why the music couldn't they have left the sound of the JET ???

Because they don't know what a jet sounds like. They don't see it.

Final correction, sorry::::

The all time greatest natural sound is a jet passing overhead at the usual 35,000 feet, or having passed over, as it takes a while for the sound to get down to ground.

By the time nature's jet noise gets to ground having passed through thickening air, the varying atmosphere produces a surreal, even eerie, slow warbling; a desolate haunting sound. Not loud at all, and goes best with a deep blue sky with lots of finely detailed cirrus and juicy beefy persistent contrails that grow to smear the whole sky by sunset. Love it.

I understand what your saying Lexx just on the startup to the movie they had the jet engine... and for things like this I prefer the engine noise wind noise etc... ho hum cant have everything...