Sign in to follow this  
ace888

GroundObjectData.INI?

My Friends,

I would be very appreciative if someone can show me the way of obtaining the "GroundObjectData.INI?" I have try to use the extract cat. tools to see if I can find the file. No go on finding the file under Object Data of the main game files.

Thanks

Guest rscsjsuso5

their is no need for the use of GroundObjectData.INI if your install is patched to latest the old way u would need to . the stock terrain and its respective objects of ground will automatically do it for u . for third party terrain /objects its a different story due to ini look ups. all being said check the kb.

enjoy ur weekend end

The Groundobject_data.ini has not been used since the 2006 patch, which coincided with the release of Wings over Europe.

Since that time, ground objects have been configured in a manner similar to aircraft. And that is, each in their own individual folder, which contains a model.ini, a data.ini, .lod files (applicable only to third-party models), and a separate sub-folder for texture files.

Thanks guys... I thought I needed to adjust the groundobjectdata.ini for the many excellent groundobject tanks and SAMs to make them more pro-active. I just wanted to see the SAMs and the tanks being in action without greating a mission for it.

Question? What about the combact ships? Would you only see them in anti-shipping missions? I only see cargo ships each time I am on anti-ship missions? I would love the see... for example the Udaloy I/II in action.

Thanks again

Hi, i have been trying to find the groundobject data so i can change the cargo ships sinking time to a more realistic way.I am geting tired looking at cargo ships sink in just 2 sec. Also i want a combat ships that shoot back, Tomahawk missiles or at least their AA guns. SInce you guys said the patch have configured it then how am i supposed to do that on WOI??

I am also trying to make other objects appear while in singleplayer,and if possible in campaign too. I would like some help on how to do this, or at least a link if there is already a previous discussion about this matter.

Hi, i have been trying to find the groundobject data so i can change the cargo ships sinking time to a more realistic way.I am geting tired looking at cargo ships sink in just 2 sec. Also i want a combat ships that shoot back, Tomahawk missiles or at least their AA guns. SInce you guys said the patch have configured it then how am i supposed to do that on WOI??

I am also trying to make other objects appear while in singleplayer,and if possible in campaign too. I would like some help on how to do this, or at least a link if there is already a previous discussion about this matter.

Yes, you can adjust the sink time of any ship mod. However, "destoyed" ships laying on their sides while still cruising at 20+ knots is a waaaaaay bigger immersion killer than simpling having them blow up and sink.

You can redefine warships as "cargoships", and have them appear in system-generated missions.

BTW, most (if not all of this) is spelled out in the knowledge base.