Sign in to follow this  
GregSM

Please help with ordering

Hi All,

I'm in China where, it seems, about a third of the Internet is blocked. I can access some of the Avangate order pages via proxy server but still cannot complete payment. So, I want to know if it's possible to have “Hat in the Ring” gifted to me from a friend or family member back in Canada? And should the gifted download link also turn out to be inaccessible to me, which I suppose it may well, would there be alternative means of retrieving the download?

Practically, snail mail or having a friend buy it and burn it to CD is out, at least at this time. Beijing customs, says UPS, is backlogged until about forever. (I've currently a Logitech G940 that's been sitting in Beijing now for a month. Ditto a previous TrackIR 5 shipment.)

This is very frustrating, as you may imagine. Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Greg S

Hi Greg, yes it's possible to have it gifted there's an option on the checkout. Sorry I have no idea on China and blocking Avangate. In the first instance send the query to Avangate as they may have had this questions before from other customers in China, and may have the answers otherwise get a friend to get it for you ?

Thank you, Polovski, for the response.

My sister is currently trying to send it to me via the gift option. But she too seems to have encountered some snag with the ordering process. Argh, double argh.

In any event, I'll post my results, whatever they be, in the event they may be of assistance to others in a similar position.

And, while you're here, thanks as well to you and all of the OBD team for such a wonderful flight simulation. To my taste, it's the best one to date by a considerable margin – and I go back to the days of Red Baron I. (I find even the music – usually an irritant to be switched reflexively off - to be invaluable, somehow integral to the sim.)

Cheers,

Greg S

Thanks Greg, good luck. Sounds like a tricky place to deal from :/

To those who may be in this position,

If you cannot access the Avangate webpages, it's possible to have a friend “gift” you HITR.

As above, even using a proxy server I was unable to order from Avangate via the OBD “Buy Now” link. But I was able, again via proxy server, to access the link in the gift email. It took a few hours to receive the email, though.

Cheers,

Greg S