Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Wind Buffeting..question please?

Wow!...The wind effect is great!...it sure sorts out the men from the boys..and I will use it all the time now in Campaign.

But....For the purposes of screenshots etc..is it possible to turn it off?

(again..sorry if this has already been asked)

Well..I am either blind or stupid...but I can't see any reference to 'Wind' at all

Well..I am either blind or stupid...but I can't see any reference to 'Wind' at all

In WS, center of your monitor, go down.

WTH is that? :yikes::grin: The current version's WS looks nothing like that.

Oh what a tucking fwat!..It's staring at me in the screenshot I just made!

GOD I can be such an asshole at times!!!!

lol.gif

same here. i looked at every single feature in WS to not miss anything new. still only now after siggi mentioned where to look at i found that sudden death deactivate thingy. sometimes one can't see the forest because there are too many trees blink.gif

lol.gif

same here. i looked at every single feature in WS to not miss anything new. still only now after siggi mentioned where to look at i found that sudden death deactivate thingy. sometimes one can't see the forest because there are too many trees blink.gif

Hahaha...you're spot on there Creaghorn...exactly that!...I went down each list at least 5 times!..did the screenshot...and there it was!! :heat:

Don't hate yourself, Widow, cause then you would have to hate me, too.

How often do I miss obvious things in front of me on the screen.

Sometimes I want to chopp my useless head off!

You're not alone, m8.

I've done it a number of times in the WS, and with just about anything else visual where's there's a data overload. :grin:

Especially after "...centre of monitor, go down." :rofl:

Mr. Widowmaker, aka Hawk-Eyes. :rofl:

We all make mistakes, and this was a particularly funny one. Your threads are always the best around here, Widow. :grin:

Guest British_eh

Ah UK, Hasse has it write. LOL

Cheers,

British_eh

hee, hee...glad I'm not the only one that does that. I'm old enough now that I can refer to mine as, "having a senior moment".

Speaking of the actual buffeting effect, combined with setting the main guns to less accurate in the workshop, it makes shooting down anybody MUCH harder. I've been testing this in my current French SPAD XIII campaign (early 1918), and now I really need to aim well and also be a bit lucky to bring down anything. I haven't tried a really nervous crate like the Camel or Dr.1 with these settings yet, but I imagine it will be much more challenging than with stable fighters such as the SPADs and Pfalzes.

There are reasons why every pilot didn't become an ace in the Great War or shoot down 30 planes in 10 hours, and this improved wind effect brings us one step closer to experiencing the actual challenges of the early air war. I recommend everybody who wants a more challenging and humbling OFF experience to use these settings in campaign mode. :ok:

Yes, indeed, Hasse Wind - Creaghorn will love that!

I tried the new Fokker E.V in a QC last night, and it is as agile and almost

as nervous as the Dr.1 - very hard to hit someone.

Speaking of the actual buffeting effect, combined with setting the main guns to less accurate in the workshop, it makes shooting down anybody MUCH harder. I've been testing this in my current French SPAD XIII campaign (early 1918), and now I really need to aim well and also be a bit lucky to bring down anything. I haven't tried a really nervous crate like the Camel or Dr.1 with these settings yet, but I imagine it will be much more challenging than with stable fighters such as the SPADs and Pfalzes.

There are reasons why every pilot didn't become an ace in the Great War or shoot down 30 planes in 10 hours, and this improved wind effect brings us one step closer to experiencing the actual challenges of the early air war. I recommend everybody who wants a more challenging and humbling OFF experience to use these settings in campaign mode. :ok:

Yep, a couple of times I've emptied the Camel's mags to get one kill. I do better with the 2-gun Sopwith Triplane, I've managed two kills and one damaged so far, I think due to the guns being closer together (concentrates the fire more effectively). I think the N17_Lewis is gonna suck donkey balls. :good::grin:

I too believe it will enhance the realism by putting a brake on high kill numbers per sortie.

I think the N17_Lewis is gonna suck donkey balls. :good::grin:

I just had a quick combat with a Nupe 11 against a couple of Eindeckers flown by expert pilots. Getting hits was really challenging. And having less than 200 rounds to feed the Lewis ain't helping much.

Amen to that! Even with two guns, I couldn't kill more than two SPAD VII in my

just made sortie, plus damage a Nupe 17.

Maybe the "twin Spandaus rule the skies" time is over? Or at least restricted.

I think it's better this way. The sortie was intense, and concentrated, and fun.

Curious, is there any buffet from nearby AAA bursts now? If not yet, is it something that may come out in the next edition, or at least somewhere down the road? Or is this something that just isn't going to be possible given the CFS3 core?

Well, a slightly different opinion as to why the planes are taking a full mag to go down?

This latest version has reverted my version, which used my DM xdps, back to the devs idea of DM.

Even if you didn't use my DM xdps or Prop- Wasche's, I would have thought it was easier to kill the EA in this new version,( in QC certainly ), because they fly a lot less aggressively.

As it happens, i quite like this less aggression, because before, against more than one EA in QC,

it nearly always happened that one of the EA got a couple of bullets in you- and then you were toast.- just with a couple of hits.

Now, with the ability to retreat when damaged and try a landing - ( no sudden exit ) one's being hit doesn't mean inevitable death.

All in all, so far, I like the add on - (wind effects, engine sounds gradually coming in etc )

I can always change the DM a bit later.

Wind effects your aim now, as does less obvious huge visual clues at mega range - these combine to give a much more realistic feel to kills.

DM is generally easier with fixes as per other thread. Some with wrong DM could have some odd parts tougher but generally they are all were they should be now.

Well, a slightly different opinion as to why the planes are taking a full mag to go down?

This latest version has reverted my version, which used my DM xdps, back to the devs idea of DM.

Even if you didn't use my DM xdps or Prop- Wasche's, I would have thought it was easier to kill the EA in this new version,( in QC certainly ), because they fly a lot less aggressively.

As it happens, i quite like this less aggression, because before, against more than one EA in QC,

it nearly always happened that one of the EA got a couple of bullets in you- and then you were toast.- just with a couple of hits.

Now, with the ability to retreat when damaged and try a landing - ( no sudden exit ) one's being hit doesn't mean inevitable death.

All in all, so far, I like the add on - (wind effects, engine sounds gradually coming in etc )

I can always change the DM a bit later.

My stats show my best hit-% so far is 20%. That's roughly 200 hits out of 1000 rounds fired. And that was spread over six planes (only two of which went down). I don't think the planes are too tough, it's just hard to hit them well. Which is nicely realistic in my opinion. :good: