Sign in to follow this  
Mike Dora

HITR Damage Model?

First of all, congrats and thanks to all the OFF team for producing yet another deeply immersive Western Front flying experience (BTW what is the theme music? It is quite moving, quite appropriate).

My question is, how does the HITR damage model relate to previous OFF damage models, including the range of optional third party damage models provided by Herr Prop Wasche? Are the latter incorporated, or does HITR stick with the original "base" OFF damage model?

Mike

Hi Mike.

Short answer here. My DM is completely independent of OBD's. To install, you have to unzip my mod into the aircraft folder--don't worry, it just copies over the .xdp files. Or, use JSGME to install or uninstall mods.

I haven't tested my DM with HITR yet, but there is no reason I can think of why it wouldn't be compatible. I don't think the HITR DM is any different from the 1.32g patch.

Some effects have been changed and there have been several tweaks changes and fixes in HitR in the XDPs. Although 3rd party ones would work the new changes would be lost of course.

OK "lost for the moment unless you made a backup and know what to do"

I'm typing quickly Chris so many hairs can be split ;)

Anyway the changes are significant enough to notice in HitR hence I'd say at least try it first before modding.

OK "lost for the moment unless you made a backup and know what to do"

I'm typing quickly Chris so many hairs can be split ;)

Anyway the changes are significant enough to notice in HitR hence I'd say at least try it first before modding.

Hmm- my first limited impression is that the DM is back to the "fill it full of bullets and still don't break up" - Not yet seen what the other significant changes are unless they relate to the AI behaviour?

That is now much less aggressive in QC on a one v one. My setting says the AI is Ace but it's flying like a Rookie. ( Pol - I suppose I am set against Ace- is there somewhere to double check this?)

However, please note I am not displeased with this.If I set to fly with more than one E A in the sky, then things seem right. Before, someone always managed to get a couple of bullets in you and then you were toast.

Now- the hits you may take do come realistically ( I imagine ) later, and the return to being able to land wounded etc really gives top immersion.

I'll stay a little longer with this vanilla version before loading my DM. xdps.

I love the wind effects and the gradual sound of the EA engine.

Nope we get break ups all the time, wings, fires all sorts, we didn't make them all tougher, in fact some are weaker but because several had the completely wrong DM (older tougher). Other parts are weaker too now, play some more. Also you won't see great big clunks of smoke at 300 yards come off now, we reduced the size of the distant effects so you could still be hitting just have to look harder for visual clues at range (and hence maybe you miss a bit more now, together with the wind effecting your aim). So no they aren't tougher per se.

Maybe stick gun damage up if you want more kills and more booms.

Hey Mark, how did you get stuck with the job of PR/support person? :grin:

Yes, I completely forgot about the new aircraft available in HITR. Also, I can't look at the new HITR DM yet as I just found out that my credit card issuer has had its database hacked, and they have therefore canceled all of the old cards and I have to wait 7-10 days for a new one--ARRRGGGHHHH!!!! So, no HITR for me for a little while, at least. Once I get it, I will most likely release an updated version of my DM that will incorporate the new planes.

Until I get back in the game, maybe some other OFFer's can use this thread to post any observations, issues, or questions about the HITR DM so I can get an idea of what might need to be tweaked a little?

Fortiesboy, would you like to start off? :hunter:

It's not just the new craft Chris, but anyway all I am saying is perhaps people should just play a while then see?

I'll leave you guys to it.

Would love to play it now, Mark. If only my credit card company would cooperate! Waaaah! :cry:

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche