Sign in to follow this  
Rickitycrate

Hat In The Ring is a Must Have

Fans of OFF BH&H or WWI aviation. If you were thinking that maybe you were not interested in the HITR add-on because the planes in the pack were of no particular interest to you, well there might have been a couple guys out there, you should know that HITR is so much more. Honest to goodness improvements are made to so many areas to enhance the WWI air combat experience that if you have OFF BH&H you simply need to have HITR. The HITR add-on is value packed. The devs. seem to be in a relentless pursuit of excellence and continuosly raise the bar for this genre. Feedback from current OFF pilots have been taken into account and many "wishes" have been granted. Do yourself a favor and order yours as soon as you are able.

post-45792-12606569076644.jpg

post-45792-12606569091027.jpg

post-45792-12606569106003.jpg

post-45792-12606569116203.jpg

post-45792-12606569129122.jpg

post-45792-12606569141263.jpg

post-45792-12606569151297.jpg

Edited by Rickitycrate

I'll order it as soon as my main computer returns from its GD repairs. I've been pining for a DH5 for years.

Totally agree with you RC well worth buying am enjoying it greatlyclapping.gif

Hear, hear! You are storming wide open gates in my case, Rickitycrate - I will go to download it now.

Had to strictly forbid it to me, as long as the tax declaration of 2008 wasn't done. But now it is!!!

Hope, my web rig won't be too old and slow for the download - it's still running with Win98.

We'll see!

There is something I can't pinpoint or describe, but with the Hat In the Ring add on, I have a better vision of whats going on around me with regard to my Track IR 4 device. Or perhpas it is the graphics. Tell you what, go take a look to the very southern squads in the mountains and valleys. You will see major improvements in the trees and valleys.

And I just flew the N 17 Bis with the two guns. That is a killing machine and thanks to Hector, it is found in RNAS 6. A new campaign for me as long as Krauts vs. Crumpets can't be flying.

I'll buy my copy for sure when it's available.

OFF is such a fine WW1 flight simulator :ok: I wish I had more time to fly it.

edit:

my mistake, it's up!

Edited by Stary

Fans of OFF BH&H or WWI aviation. If you were thinking that maybe you were not interested in the HITR add-on because the planes in the pack were of no particular interest to you, well there might have been a couple guys out there, you should know that HITR is so much more. Honest to goodness improvements are made to so many areas to enhance the WWI air combat experience that if you have OFF BH&H you simply need to have HITR. The HITR add-on is value packed. The devs. seem to be in a relentless pursuit of excellence and continuosly raise the bar for this genre. Feedback from current OFF pilots have been taken into account and many "wishes" have been granted. Do yourself a favor and order yours as soon as you are able.

Added some screenies so I bumped her up.

I got Hat in the Ring tonight and flew a couple missions. So far I like it. The Fokker D.VIII is twitchy and agile-- quite a handful but a great dogfighting machine. The N.24 series is a delight-- fairly neutral in handling but very agile still. The N.24 has a nice, light feel to it and is very responsive, but without the negatives that come with agility. It's not as fast or powerful as a Spad, but I'll take it any day of the week compared to a Spad.

I'm enjoying myself with the DH5 - it may be a better plane in OFF than it was in real life, especially for novice pilots like me :cool:

Your screens look mighty fine, Rickitycrate!

What are your system specs and resolution, if I may ask?

I am amazed by the new, even better looks - and I was amazed of the previous already!

So: big compliment to the devs for improving the looks so well!