Sign in to follow this  
Waldemar Kurtz

changing town names and balloon names

since I've been working on an alternate pop-up map I struck on the notion of planting balloon base locations on some of the smaller maps. (I've found a WWI era map on one of the Naval-Military Press DVDs where they actually have little balloons drawn directly onto the map in red ink to show where they're located-- so I figured, "why not. I could try that on some of the maps I'm working on"

then this got me thinking that maybe the balloon bases could be given town names instead of numbers for each period. which might make them a little easier to find for the DID players using maps. additionally, I believe towns show up in the pop-up map as simple numbers.

then, of course, I started thinking about how it might be possible to change the town names from "tow ____ ###" to something else.

if I actually went through the trouble of changing a bunch of the town names would that interfere with how well the game operated? would it make claims invalid because of mismatched locations? would it generate problems in assigning waypoints?

I'm curious.