Sign in to follow this  
nbryant

Observation

At the conclusion of each of my last two missions the flights return to the airfield having completed objectives and reaching all waypoints, yet instead of landing the flights continue on. Both instances I have continued in the flight but after 5 minutes roll out and return to the field. Post flight debrief reveals a lost aircraft yet during the mission up until I left no one was lost. Was wondering if anyone else has had this occur?

Also, for two seaters is the gunner AI controlled when not player controlled?

Currently landing isn't something we've implemented for AI. They usually do eventually try but usualyl fly miles out before trying - often they crash.

Just land yourself, and esc, exit mission to hangar. Or exit near airfield.

The end of day notes are what happened to pilots DURING THAT DAY so craft can be lost afterwards maybe on other missions, on landing, in other accidents. It basically accounts for all scenarios use your imagination, maybe some went out on another patrol etc.

2 seater gunner ? Yes.

nbryant, you can follow your wingmen for that. I sometimes did, and sometimes they

get it right and happily land all together. It works best on an airfield with no trees

or hill next to the field.

But each time it's open again, if they'll crash or land.

Thanks...... will try that for my next pilot. Third mission was selected to lead a flight of DIII's against a railyard and while on my 4th pass lost my right upper wing. boredom.gif

Make ONE pass, if you must, and leave - Albatros are fighters, not really made for

ground attacks. The new DH-5 is made for that, or most two-seaters.

Try a DFW - it has a bomb site.

When I get a ground attack for my Albatros Staffel, I advance time, or let A-flight

do the job and care for high cover.

I recently went on a ground straffing mission with Jasta 76b, and was assigned a lovely trecnch run as a target.

I went high, came over a mountain and suprised them as I came over the peak. I shot up two units, enough to give me the goal completed. However as I pulled out, they hit me a few times, even though I turned inside the tracers and jinked. They're tough, but it was worth the risk.

Like Olham says, make 1 pass, that's it. For some ground targets, you can concentrate on the MG nests so that you're wingies have an easier time over the target.

OvS