Sign in to follow this  
Av8er

Something wrong with my OFF instalation

About three days ago I loaded a QU Mission and when it started I could not hear any sound what so ever even with my speakers at full volume. Also the land was all distorted, I have screenshots in a PDF file attached to this message for I can't really explain what is wrong. To try to fix this problem I reinstalled the game but that didn't seem to work. I also changed around the detail level though all the settings (1-5) that didn't work ether. This happened before I installed the add-on just to let you know. If anyone can help that would be great If the pictures don't work tell me.

Thanks, Av8er

Picture.pdf

I surely don't feel qualified to troubleshoot your problem. But it sure would be nice to know your O.S., your slider positions, what you're running for a video card. Pictures without facts are like tits on a bull, totally useless

I guess you could say that my computer is stock. I have no clue what all the stuff like O.S. is or even what kind of video card I have for that matter. The game did work just fine until three days ago.

i gotta start building a database with problems........

first thing i would do,,,if you have cfs3 installed,,,play that. If not,,,any other relativly new game that you may have would probably do. If the only place you have problems is BHAH, then you kinda narrowed it down to a software issue, and not a hardware issue.

I remeber someone else haveing problems with trees,,,,and cant for the life of me think who it was.....or what the solution turned out to be.

as far as sound,,do you get the meow,,and any other start up sounds?

and,,question i hate to ask,,,did you install the smoke mod?

its 630 edt here,,,will try and be on teamspeak at 730edt if you want to join in..

It turns out that I was on Safe mode and that I had a lot of things checked in the overides section that I didn't have checked before. I unchecked a few of them and the game went back to normal.

lol...ok,,,will add that to the database,,,

how in hell did you check safemode??

:rofl:.

You'll find the database will have no end.

I have no clue. I actually don't remember. Maybe when I was switching my detail level to 4 I accidentally clicked it... Oh well no harm done.