Sign in to follow this  
tone12

couple of questions

hi,

havent fired up OFF in while but after sein this expansion thats been released i jumped in and bought it.

1. i see that the high res graphic options still says that no damage will be displayed. im just curious to know how many people play with the high res option and do they not miss the visible damage to planes?

2. is there any way to lock the frame rates? ive only tried a few quick missions but my fps fluctuates between 30 and 80 which is a little annoying, im sure i remember someone on these forums sayin there was a little program that done exactly that.

cheers

Hi,

1. I only play with visible damage.

2. I took that from the FAQ:

From within your \OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\ folder (that's the default install folder anyway) open the 'Default' folder and then open the file 'cfs3.xml'. You may need to use notepad (if you save double check it does not save it as "cfs3.xml.txt" make sure it is "cfs3.xml" only) . Look for MaxFPS="0" and change the value from '0' to something like '30'. This will help to smooth out the stutters too." You can always try increase this figure later (conservatively /gradually :) ) if your system now works well.

is it only the bullet holes that arent visible on high res, do planes still break up, go on fire etc?

Is there much difference between the two plane resolutions? I've always run the middle option, I like to see the damage.

High res looks stunning, but yes you do not see bullet holes or the tail/wing damage decals but you will see wing tips removed or smashed parts.

Hi, Tone12

I always used the medium aircraft resolution until I tried the high one recently

and stuck to it. The craft look even better, and you still see some more realistic

damage like bulletholes. And as my left wingtip got lost in a too steep dive with

my Albatros, it was visible, too.

Just give it a try - you can always change back.

Hmm, think I'll be giving the hi-res a go then.

Just make one flight with it and see - so easy to change back.

For my oppinion, the craft look greater.

I use it off and on, it certainly make your own aircraft look better from inside the cockpit.

Beard

Couldn't really notice much difference. Maybe the surfaces look a little sharper. It did cause graphic anomolies, certain sections of ground showing through clouds. I've gone back to the middle option.

Sad part is I don't ever see bullet holes and I am on low resolution. Last time I may have seen them was before the super patch. I have wing damage and etc when colliding..but no bullet holes. I've watched the discussion of this in the past and can't seem to find that I am doing anything different

Skin resolution has three steps. Try the middle one.

May be the damage is also controlled by the effects quality slider - not sure.

You may also download the "Herr Prop-Wasche and Fortiesboy DM models"

from the download section. Hollywood, but fun!

Skin resolution has three steps. Try the middle one.

May be the damage is also controlled by the effects quality slider - not sure.

You may also download the "Herr Prop-Wasche and Fortiesboy DM models"

from the download section. Hollywood, but fun!

Thanks again Olham. I must try them all again now that we have Hat in the ring.

I always go Hi-res. The planes just look too good not to. IMHO.

i did try hi res but to be honest i never noticed any difference, certainly nothing that made me wanna leave it on high res. back to the normal setting for me.