Sign in to follow this  
Slartibartfast

Well finally I realised what sort of pilot I am

Well finally took up a Nieup 11 instead of a Strutter and the damn things all over the sky and how do you aim the gun okay its nice to mix up in a dogfight but that lower wing doesnt look too healthy keep expecting it to fall off... I couldn't hit a barn door at 10 paces let alone an Eindecker dodging for its life sat there worrying the poor guy to death fired all my ammo at him heck even threw my boots at him would have done more damage with those than with the lewis... So I am going back to the Strutter okay it doesnt turn as quick or anything but at least I can hit something with it... I am determined to fly the full war in a squadron... starting with a Strutter...

I prefer my fighters heavy weight none of this dance round the ring stuff... Shame it doesnt have 2 guns up front...

This also seems to carry through to the Modern fighters as well prefer an F-14 to a F-16 and an F-4 to a Mig-21... oh well...

Edited by Pacman

Yuppers Pacman, that little N11 dances all over the sky with the wind buffeting effects we now have. It was always skittish, now it's a real test of your reaction time. I've been flying it quite a bit this last weekend, and you really can get the hang of it. And afterwards, when you jump into an N28, it seems so steady you'll feel like you're flying a tank.

See, there's an upside to nearly everything.

Well finally took up a Nieup 11 instead of a Strutter and the damn things all over the sky and how do you aim the gun okay its nice to mix up in a dogfight but that lower wing doesnt look too healthy keep expecting it to fall off... I couldn't hit a barn door at 10 paces let alone an Eindecker dodging for its life sat there worrying the poor guy to death fired all my ammo at him heck even threw my boots at him would have done more damage with those than with the lewis... So I am going back to the Strutter okay it doesnt turn as quick or anything but at least I can hit something with it... I am determined to fly the full war in a squadron... starting with a Strutter...

I prefer my fighters heavy weight none of this dance round the ring stuff... Shame it doesnt have 2 guns up front...

This also seems to carry through to the Modern fighters as well prefer an F-14 to a F-16 and an F-4 to a Mig-21... oh well...

Fly German... as soon as the Alb D.III's come to service, it's a Turkey Shoot. Then jump to the Fokker D.VII's and you'll feel invincible. :grin:

OvS

Pacman, you can already take the even more reliable Albatros D II,

which was a great fighter in it's time. And superb view!

It is not so twitchy and nervous,

you just line up your solid craft, aim, and shoot the enemy down.

No butterflying!

Entente side, I recommend the S.E.5a.

Edited by Olham

Ahh but I plan to fly from 1916 from the Englishmans point of view and all that... as to the German fodder I plan to fly against them to see how badly I fare... I do like a challenge... :blink:

Okay, then you only have the Bristol Scout, or the DH-2, which I'd prefer.

Not a nervous plane. But be careful in turns; do either soft bank turns with

rudder or hard banked speed turns with elevator - both doesn't seem to mix.

"Okay, then you only have the Bristol Scout, or the DH-2, which I'd prefer."

hang slack a second - I thought that Pups came into service late 1916?

Yeah, but aren't they rather "nervous" craft again, like theN 11?

The Pup is a superb plane. If it had two guns it'd be my choice of plane right through the war.

Not in the least. It's rock solid and stable. It goes exactly where you tell it, when you tell it to, with no tendency to go elsewhere. It turns with equal ease to either side and can loop and turn so tightly that you have to be careful not to chew your own rudder up with your prop grin.gif .

IMHO, the Pup is the easiest plane to fly in the game, and the most fun. I can see why many real pilots thought the same back in the day, so I guess OFF has done it correctly.

Ah - another craft I need to try more. So far only tried the Bristol (hmmm...), DH-2 (challenging, but okay),

and the Tripe (good). The Camel earlier on (good, but tricky and much overrated); must try that one too.

It turns with equal ease to either side and can loop and turn so tightly that you have to be careful not to chew your own rudder up with your prop grin.gif

:rofl:

Good description, Bullet - I can almost see you chasing your tail like a bored cat! :cool: