Sign in to follow this  
themightysrc

The WiFi link is dead...long live the plug point connection?

Hi all,

Well, I've rebuilt various bits back onto my newly reformatted and XP'ed up PC. It looks like years of hammer finally caused XP to expire in a messy and rather terminal fashion, but them's the breaks. I've lost all of the gubbins - WFP2, FE extra kites and campaigns and all that sort of stuff - that I've collected over the years, but it's simply God's way of telling me to stop fannying about with RB3D and FE for once and for all.

So whilst I'm about rebuilding the machine to be more streamlined and realiable, I've decided that the dreadful, prone to failure, piss-poor connection strength, forever searching for my sodding router, WiFi connection is going to bite the dust.

I've started looking at a replacement to this, and I note that for about £49 (and probably less after Xmas), PC World are knocking out various kits by Devolo that allow you to use your common or garden mains socket for data transmission, thereby obviating the need to wave one's PC around in a desperate attempt to get a signal. And, what's more, customer reviews are mostly very positive.

Has anyone got down this route? What product did you buy? Would you recommend it?

Cheers,

Si

Try looking at the CCL website they usually have good kit and I use them for all my PC hardware also they are a lot cheaper than PC Thief Sorry PC World... order it online and they usually get them out the next day...

Hi Pacman,

Thanks very much for that recommendation - I'll check out their website. I assume it's in the UK (ie, where I am)?

Cheers,

Si

Hi Pacman,

Thanks very much for that recommendation - I'll check out their website. I assume it's in the UK (ie, where I am)?

Cheers,

Si

Yes it is just down the road from me to be honest its over in Bradford West Yorkshire in a small country called ENGLAND!!!... normally next day or the day after at latest. Just pop CCL into Google and its normally top of the list.