Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Hardware and the OS

Hi guys!

i just brought a new motherboard and a new processor to my pc, i've changed both with no major problem in my sistem. but when i start the windows 7 it reboot and ask me to repair, i do it, but it can't repair so i got caught in this cycle...

i've also tried to format the HD using the Win7 disc but it get a message all the time Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. so i'm freezed here, no OS , no games :(

does anybody have a clue or an idea of how can i solve this?

Repair usually works fine, not sure why you're getting this problem.

Are you stripped down to one DVD and one HDD only? More than that can cause issues with selecting the proper boot device, so make sure you have no USB HDDs hooked up or flash drives or anything.

If you formatted the HD make sure you are using the correct SATA drivers for the HD - cant guarantee Win7 automatically has them.

Check all the connections and all the jumpers - make sure the HD is being picked up in the BIOS.

If you formatted the HD make sure you are using the correct SATA drivers for the HD - cant guarantee Win7 automatically has them.

Check all the connections and all the jumpers - make sure the HD is being picked up in the BIOS.

actually i didn't formated the HD even if i want but it recognizes perfectly the HD but i still having problem in start win7 since it refuses to do it..also al the jumpers are checked and right in place:blink:

thanks for the reply guys, but i deserv a slap on my neck...i've changed the HD old Sata cable and the HDD cable in my DVD driver and i'm downgrading right now the system to windows XP.

well, not knowing the hardware specs, I couldn't offer advice

but if hardware is recent enough, windows 7 would be nicer than XP

and you would enjoy SF2 series to its fullest