Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Pasko's Yak-3RD

Pasko's Yak-3RD

Yak-3RD pak -includes upgrades for 08 Patch Level and SF2 Sims

Fulfilling a request to make the aircraft available again, as the links at Pasko's Mostly MiGs and Etc seem to have disappeared.

Some ini mods are:

moving the cockpit up slightly to hide some gaps;

A Soviet WW2-style PB1 gunsight tga (from Pappa Romeo's EAW sight pack)

VERY small FM tweeks for 08+ level games (btw, a few more tweeks are necessary hint-hint to our FM guys);

Canopy is now operational via an animiation key (Shift/0)

A new WoE-style Hangar screen (didn't have one before)

The "CRSPRP.wav" in-line engine sound -- has a nice V-12 buzz (used on many WW2 mods)

Damage tgas for that 'shot full of holes' look

Included are a second data and loadout ini, for an "operational" interceptor version, in the "What If..." worlds, with the additon of 2 nose 12.7 machine guns, ala the standard Yak-3. An 'operational' Loadout ini, with the additon of drop tanks is included. Instructions for swapping them out are below in the "To Install" section. Sort of an experiment I performed.

I've also included a 2nd skin for the 'operational' variant, which is a basically the gray/blue skin from the Yak-3. Be advised of some small mapping issues, as this skin really wasn't designed for this LOD.

Pasko's original readme is also included

Note: for the 'operational' variant, I've used as much stock weapons as possible; even the guns are pure 3W stock. However, the drop tanks used are the 75 gallon Mustang ones; so you might need one or another of the various Weapons Pak available to get them. They are NOT included.

= IMPORTANT: This aircraft has been tested in Post-Patch SF/WoV/WoE/WoI (mostly 08 Level WoE). Be advised of the existence of some handling issues prevelant in WW2 era and many Pre-Patch (ie: 06 level) aircraft. Fly accordingly!!! It should also work in SF2 and later iterations - this has NOT been tested, however.

As always, unzip this to a temp folder somwhere, and you'll have access to the rest of the readme for it's instructions. Of course, the usual 'Notes and Ramblings' section

With thanks to Pasko for creating this interestering little aircraft!

Wrench

kevin stein

NOTE:

I didn't assign a NATO codename to the aircraft for several reasons:

1) Couldn't really think of one; even with those assigned to other experimental birds that didn't go into production, or Lend-Lease aircraft that went out-of-serivce rather quickly after WW2, and

2) The ones I'd thought of, while being rather descriptive (what with that rocket engine in the tail and all) probably wouldn't get used, even in 'impolite' company (well for a couple I came up with, at any rate). If you want to know what they were, just ask! :grin:

End users are encourged to come up with one, and let everyone know.

Guest rscsjsuso5

thank you wrench hope everything on your side especially your family is doing alright as you have stated earlier . very quick but thanks very much .

thx Kevin. Any chance on the reg yak3 and yak 9's by Pasko in the future?

Thanks. :good:

Some question: Do you have another updates for another Pasko's aircrafts? (Updates only)

:bye:

Have you looked in the "Prop Heads" Forum? In the "Tweeks and Tricks and Adjustments" sticky???? 3 & 9 have a post about them

To answer the rest of the question (where it pertains to 08+ level games), yes; why yes I do

Mig-15 (VVS/NKPAF/EAF)

Vampire (whomever)

and a couple others I can't remember. Don't expect anything right away

Names I came up with...

FireButt

Flamer (my favorite! goes right along with Fagot for Mig-15)

Farter (somebody got that one already)

wrench

kevin stein

What terrain is on the pictures? Mountains and tilesets are great.

Have you looked in the "Prop Heads" Forum? In the "Tweeks and Tricks and Adjustments" sticky???? 3 & 9 have a post about them

Not yet. Rare visit it. :heat: I will try it.....

To answer the rest of the question (where it pertains to 08+ level games), yes; why yes I do

Mig-15 (VVS/NKPAF/EAF)

Vampire (whomever)

and a couple others I can't remember. Don't expect anything right away

Names I came up with...

FireButt

Flamer (my favorite! goes right along with Fagot for Mig-15)

Farter (somebody got that one already)

:good:

Edited by Mavericks

Kulbirt: that's the America NorthWest (ANW) 4-Seasons version, available in the Downloads/Terrains section here. Tiles by some VERY talanted people (but not me! <grin>)

wrench

kevin stein

For those wanting to tone down the insane roll rates, you can try these values in the ControlSurfaces callout section in the data ini..

REMINDER: back up the data ini first!!!! Do this by opening in your text editor of cherce, and "save as..." xYak-3RD_DATA.INI. Makes for easy restoration

Then, back to the 'original', just copy/paste the statements below DIRECTLY over the Right/Left Aileron statements.

test fly.

While not perfect, it will reduce it to something a little less insane! As with all other 06 and earlier aircraft, there ARE many other things that need tweekifications to fully bring it to 08/SF2 levels

[LeftAileron]

SystemType=CONTROL_SURFACE

InputName=ROLL_CONTROL

MaxDeflection=16.0

MinDeflection=-15.0

CDdc=0.0190

Cldc=0.0457

Cndc=-0.000

CldcAlphaTableNumData=15

CldcAlphaTableDeltaX=4.00

CldcAlphaTableStartX=-28.00

CldcAlphaTableData=0.079,0.096,0.113,0.340,0.568,0.712,0.856,1.000,0.856,0.712,0.568,0.340,0.113,0.096,0.079

CndcAlphaTableNumData=15

CndcAlphaTableDeltaX=4.00

CndcAlphaTableStartX=-28.00

CndcAlphaTableData=1.916,1.764,1.611,1.458,1.305,1.153,1.000,0.847,1.000,1.153,1.305,1.458,1.611,1.764,1.916

ControlRate=1.0

MaxControlSpeed=129.62

ModelNodeName=LeftAileron

[RightAileron]

SystemType=CONTROL_SURFACE

InputName=ROLL_CONTROL

MaxDeflection=16.0

MinDeflection=-15.0

CDdc=0.0190

Cldc=0.0457

Cndc=-0.000

CldcAlphaTableNumData=15

CldcAlphaTableDeltaX=4.00

CldcAlphaTableStartX=-28.00

CldcAlphaTableData=0.079,0.096,0.113,0.340,0.568,0.712,0.856,1.000,0.856,0.712,0.568,0.340,0.113,0.096,0.079

CndcAlphaTableNumData=15

CndcAlphaTableDeltaX=4.00

CndcAlphaTableStartX=-28.00

CndcAlphaTableData=1.916,1.764,1.611,1.458,1.305,1.153,1.000,0.847,1.000,1.153,1.305,1.458,1.611,1.764,1.916

ControlRate=1.0

MaxControlSpeed=129.62

ModelNodeName=RightAileron

happy landings!

wrench

kevin stein

Guest rscsjsuso5

thanks wrench