Sign in to follow this  
appraiserfl

Post a Pic of your best dead or captured pilot

This is my best pilot to date and now he is freshly dead due to a slow 20mph crash landing gone bad. He survived all kinds of hell in his short month lifespan and should have been dead nearly a dozen times over, which is funny that a simply crash landing claimed him, but such is war.

I play with radar and labels on, but everything else is DID. Post em if you got em, you can post live ones too but I advise strongly against that unless you want the curse to claim em!

http://img.photobuck...rd/Hornzbee.jpg

Guess vista takes out the medals once they are dead, or maybe his many many wenches pawned them.

Heres a picture from a happier time displaying his medals

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/l88bastard/Hornzbee2.jpg

Edited by appraiserfl

This guy isn't dead. He's pretty much a paraplegic from repeated massive trauma, but he doesn't notice because he's in a straitjacket most of the time anyway. I retired him long ago because he was so messed up, so I can only post his logbook. Still, he put up a good fight and lasted longer than most of my Fee pilots, so I saved his stuff for my hall of shame.

15/4/1917, 0823. Flanders, Clairmarais. Airfield Attack. Flying: RAF F.E.2.b. Injured & Hospitalised. Claims Submitted! Flying time 29 mins.

28/4/1917, 1240. Flanders, Clairmarais. Patrol Behind Friendly Front Lines. Flying: RAF F.E.2.b. Injured & Hospitalised. Flying time 28 mins.

19/5/1917, 1636. Flanders, Clairmarais. Patrol Behind Enemy Front Lines. Flying: RAF F.E.2.b. Claims accepted: 1. Aircraft destroyed. Flying time 66 mins.

19/5/1917, 1636. Confirmation Received of Claim submitted on: 15/;4/;1917, 0823. Flanders, Clairmarais. Airfield Attack. Flying: RAF F.E.2.b. On this day claims: 1 AlbDII. Flying aircraft S6338. Major Barry Dillingham wingman. While en route to attack airfield at Coolkerke, intercepted on our side of lines at about 6500 feet by 6 to 8 Albatros D.II that dove on us from high above. Fight swirled down to ground level. Got on tail of one Albatros D.II with yellow fuselage and green/violet upper wing. Observer hit E/A with 4 long bursts and it caught fire at about 500 feet and was seen to crash in flames about 5 miles this side of lines and 2 miles south of coast. E/A believed to be from Jasta 2. Witnessed by Lt. Harlowe Emerson, Capt. Trent Byington, T. Larry Theobald, and Maj. Barry Dillingham. Witnessed by: Barry Dillingham Status : Confirmed.

20/5/1917, 0822. Flanders, Clairmarais. Ground Forces Attack. Flying: RAF F.E.2.b. Injured & Hospitalised. Flying time 37 mins.

5/6/1917, 1231. Flanders, Clairmarais. Balloon Defense. Flying: RAF F.E.2.b. Claims Submitted! Flying time 26 mins.

5/6/1917 1620. Flanders, Clairmarais. Patrol Enemy Front Lines. Flying: RAF F.E.2.b. Injured & Hospitalised. Flying time 20 mins.

29/6/1917 0804. Flanders, Clairmarais. Patrol Behind Enemy Front Lines. Flying: RAF F.E.2.b. Claims accepted: 1. Injured & Hospitalised. Claims Submitted! Flying time 63 mins.

29/6/1917, 0804. Confirmation Received of Claim submitted on: 5/6/1917, 1231. Flanders, Clairmarais. Balloon Defense. Flying: RAF F.E.2.b. On this day claims: 1 Alb DIII . Aircraft 6332. Led 2nd flight of myself, Maj. Billingham, Lt. Emerson, Cpt. Byington. Balloon defence at Armentiers. En route, 1st flight was jumped by 5-6 Albatros D.III while well ahead of and slightly higher than 2nd Flight. By the time we'd closed in, the fight was in the treetops so dove on enemy. Observed 1 E/A shot down by Archie SW of Abeele aerodrome. Engaged 1 E/A in turning fight at approximately 1000 feet SW of Abeele and stayed on his tail down to ground level. Observer hit him with 4-5 bursts and E/A was seen to go down out of control and crash about 2 miles SW of Abeele aerodrome. E/A had natural wood fuselage, white nose, camoufllaged upper surfaces, and horizontal tail with fore-and-aft black and yellow stripes. From the wreckage, it was learned that this E/A was from Jasta 6. Witnessed by: Barry Dillingham. Status: Confirmed.

22/7/1917, 1242. Flanders, Clairmarais. Patrol Behind Friendly Front Lines. Flying: RAF F.E.2.b. Flying time 41 mins.

22/7/1917, 1646. Flanders, Clairmarais. Close Air Support. Flying: RAF F.E.2.b. Flying time 51 mins.

23/7/1917, 0703. Flanders, Clairmarais. Patrol Enemy Front Lines. Flying: RAF F.E.2.b. Claims accepted: 1. Aircraft destroyed. Claims Submitted! Flying time 41 mins.

23/7/1917, 0703. Confirmation Received of Claim submitted on: 29/6/1917, 0804. Flanders, Clairmarais. Patrol Behind Enemy Front Lines. Flying: RAF F.E.2.b. On this day claims: 1 Alb DIII . Aircraft 6332. Deep offensive patrol E of Douai, led 2nd flight of myself, Cpt. Byington, Lt. Emerson. Over Lines at approx. 8000 feet, attacked by approximately 3 Albatros D.III, so went into defensive circle and they gave up on us and left. By now down to 5000'. Spotted 5 DWF C.V at treetop level just our side of Lines E of Armentiers, and attacked. Observer got many hits on trailing E/A but we were driven off by fire of rear gunners with serious damage to left wingtips. Turned for home over German trenches but then spotted lone Albatros D.III just the other side of Lines heading north at 1000'. Followed north with my flight on our side, and we eventually converged where our advance has moved Lines E of old trenches. Engaged E/A in turning fight and observer hit him with many bursts. Rest of flight caught up and also enaged this E/A. After my observer's last burn, E/A seen to go down out of control and crash in old trenches behind our Lines just ENE of Armentieres. E/A had unpainted wood fuselage, camouflaged upper wings, white nose. Returned to base but crashed on landing due to damage. Witnessed by: Trent Byington. Status: Confirmed.

111 claims in a month?!?!?!:shok:

That's like Frank Luke on meth or something....wow.

No wonder - the odds were against him with numbers like that.

111 claims in a month?!?!?!:shok:

That's like Frank Luke on meth or something....wow.

No wonder - the odds were against him with numbers like that.

Yea 111 claims and he died with 19 pending so who knows what his final confirmed tally would have been had he not been cut short in his prime lol.

I am playing with labels and radar, plus I have a dream setup; Triple 20" monitors @4800x1200, trackIr4, a logitec G940, a quad core q9650 overclocked to 4ghz and a Sapphire 5970 overclocked to 900/1200. So it makes it easier to see and kill everything until my ammo runs out :no:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/l88bastard/120520098597.jpg

My best pilot was Leutnant Horst Blucher

He lasted 13.8 hours, closest I've gotten to 17 in a long while

He had about 38 confirmed and 5 medals

..but met his end in the usual way - hit by friendly Ack-Ack down low chasing a Spad

Quite frustrating, I haven't flown for 2 weeks or so

Haven't downloaded HitR yet but I'll get back in the cockpit sooner or later

My best pilot is one sitting in my gunsight!

I dont care how long I live...as long as it's longer than that bastard!!!

My best pilot is one sitting in my gunsight!

I dont care how long I live...as long as it's longer than that bastard!!!

LOOOOL

My best pilot was Leutnant Horst Blucher

He lasted 13.8 hours, closest I've gotten to 17 in a long while

He had about 38 confirmed and 5 medals

..but met his end in the usual way - hit by friendly Ack-Ack down low chasing a Spad

Quite frustrating, I haven't flown for 2 weeks or so

Haven't downloaded HitR yet but I'll get back in the cockpit sooner or later

Oh and the one other thing I did was turn AA down to easy...yes its not hardcore DID, but after loosing five promising pilots in a row to AA I had enough. Either the AA went or I went, it was driving me nuts. Its bad enough that I have to worry about my wingies colliding with me.

Here are my leading causes of pilot death.

1) AA

2) Wingmen running into me

3) Friendlies running into me

4) Other planes and objects running into me

5) Crash landings due to plane damage and a stubborn refusal to bail and try to land it.

6) Crash landings due to my misjudgement of the dangers of landing so close to a tree, tent, car, etc.

7) Stall and then crash, but this is less frequent after aquisition of G940

8) Actually being shot down.

This guy isn't dead. He's pretty much a paraplegic from repeated massive trauma, but he doesn't notice because he's in a straitjacket most of the time anyway. I retired him long ago because he was so messed up, so I can only post his logbook. Still, he put up a good fight and lasted longer than most of my Fee pilots, so I saved his stuff for my hall of shame.

Lol he used the hospital like it was a bed and breakfast!

Guest British_eh

Bullethead - "Returned to base but crashed on landing due to damage"

Commander Trenchard

RFC

Flanders, Clairmarais

23/7/1917

Dear Mrs. ________,

It has come to our attention, that your son has been quite diligent at the Front, and has continually harassed and shot down enemy planes with abandon. However, the cost in replacement aircraft to date, at some 20,000 British Pounds Sterling, has been rather unnerving for the Supply Depot, and HQ. His engineering crew is on leave as they were continually up till after 03:00 hrs, repairing his craft. On top of that, he has monopolized the ER, and while on a first name basis with the Nurses there, perhaps a bit too comfortable with repeated trips for ailments. Of course there is the added cost of the surgeon and supplies, and the endless paper work that is done in triplicate.

Please be advised that forthwith, we will be returning your son with a commission to pursue an Administration position in the RFC, when he is completely healed.

We thank you kindly for your patience.

Commander Trenchard

RFC

Flanders, Clairmarais

Oh and the one other thing I did was turn AA down to easy...yes its not hardcore DID, but after loosing five promising pilots in a row to AA I had enough. Either the AA went or I went, it was driving me nuts. Its bad enough that I have to worry about my wingies colliding with me.

Here are my leading causes of pilot death.

1) AA

2) Wingmen running into me

3) Friendlies running into me

4) Other planes and objects running into me

5) Crash landings due to plane damage and a stubborn refusal to bail and try to land it.

6) Crash landings due to my misjudgement of the dangers of landing so close to a tree, tent, car, etc.

7) Stall and then crash, but this is less frequent after aquisition of G940

8) Actually being shot down.

Hmm, interesting to see someone with the same issue

I ran a Poll a while back and I was the only respondant that voted Friendly Ack Ack as a leading cost of death

I tried setting AA to Easy too, and still got blown outta the sky

Reset both cfs3 and OFF and this pilot got knocked down twice ...surviving the wreck at 3 hours

What AA is knocking yiou down, friendly, enemy, or both?

Think I either have a weird install issue or AA is just a feature with large variation from PC to PC

AA was murderous for me in P2 also

Thanks for responding appraiserfl