Sign in to follow this  
VonGuber

HiTR American Squadrons

I've been looking around HiTR today and decided that it would be fun to fly in a US squadron...so started a pilot in the 94th. I cannot fly more than about 5 minutes and get a BSOD crash. So...tried enlisting another pilot in the 27th. Same result...black screen crash, have to reboot. The funny thing is that all my other pilots and campaigns seem to be working just fine.

Anyone else having trouble?

Thanks,

I have only made one flight with 27th Aero to check the N 28, and it went fine. See report:

http://forum.combata...y-burning-n-28/

The issue is not with the American squadron, it's with the surrounding terrain. This is what Winder was talking about in the sticky above about reducing your graphical settings.

Go into the Workshop and set terrain density to 'medium'. Then fly, if that does not work, try lowering the terrain slide 1 click.

Believe me, you won't notice the difference when you are flying. The problem is in the amount of tress in the Marne/Alsace region. I had the same issue when I was Beta testing, as did 2 other Devs. The problem is now solved and everything is working fine.

When you fly in Flanders and the Somme regions, you can bump them back up as those areas are flat with a lot of open land.

OvS

Yes, thanks OvS,

Got it sorted last night by trial and error...I had some time on my hands.

I did see the sticky, but since I'd not had any trouble in my Nupe or Albie campaigns up in Flanders, I assumed that my shiny new 260 GTX was crunching along just fine. It was only when I went to a sqd. down south that it happened. The issue of the wooded terrain in the Marne didn't occur to me, but makes perfect sense when pointed out.

My terrain density was already on medium. Moving it to low didn't help but last night I figured out that I could get it to work with the scenery slider on 3 and terrain density set to medium. Sliders at 54352 seems to work pretty well now, and you're right - I don't notice a bit of difference in the detail. I especially like all the farmhouses scattered around the countryside, and the new railyards are great looking.

The only problem I've had with a US squadron is that when you go to pick a squadron to fly in, the list of squadrons includes the "49th Aero". However, when you select it, the squadron logo graphic says "29th Aero". Which is it really?

Just browsed the skins - there were only skins for 49th, no 29th.

There is a 27th - I flew a Nieuport 28 in there.

The only problem I've had with a US squadron is that when you go to pick a squadron to fly in, the list of squadrons includes the "49th Aero". However, when you select it, the squadron logo graphic says "29th Aero". Which is it really?

Thanks Bullet!

Good eye.

shred

Thanks Bullet... that would be a problem with my fingers.. not your eyes... ;)

@VonGuber... same card... same results.. same action to fix it. And it's working flawlessly now. :)

OvS

No problem here!...they go down in flames, the same as any other! :drinks: