Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

Stanley Cup Playoffs....

Watchin 'Nucks and Flames right now, watched the Nashville ass kicking of Detroit in its entirety, and saw Alex Kovalev have the screw up of his life.... all in the last couple hours. B)

Nothing like the quest for the Cup in all of sports, nothing even comes close.

Predictions? Here's mine now that we are 3-4 games into each series. :D

Bolts knock of Isles in 6

B's take Habs in 5 (Kovalev killed the series for MTL)

Flyers over Devils in 6

Leafs take Ottawa in 5

Preds shock Wings in 6

Sharks over Blues in 5

Flames over Canucks in 7

Stars knock off Avs in 7

GO LEAFS GO!

Edited by snapple2993

Let's go RED WINGS!!!!!!

(...and a litle bit Maple Leafs)

Salute

Dutchy

Agree with most of Snapple's predictions, but not sure about Sharks taking the Blues (they might...close ugly games)...

but no way are the Stars going to take my Avs...lol!

Pulling big time for the Preds! Still worried about the Wings because there's just too much money...errrrr....talent involved, but could be a shocker.

Also suddenly this year pulling for the Flyers. Who makes up the top scoring line for the Flyers...Roenick, Amonte, Zhamnov....wait, weren't these three guys in my favorite team the Blackhawks??? ;) Blackhawk management totally blows, but the Blackhawk vets are kicking butt. Go Philly Flyhawks!....errrrrr......

Possible final...Avs vs Flyers.......damn, who do I go for? ;)

General hockey talk...so not to derail the other thread anymore...

Fates, I wouldn't bee too fast to count out the Ice. Last I heard they were trying to get in the UHL so they could once again be rivals of the Ft Wayne Komets. :) Little trivia even though you don't appreciate hockey...Do you know where Wayne Gretzky got his feet wet in the pros? He played for the Indianapolis Racers before he made it to the NHL. His brother (Brent) played for Ft Wayne a couple years ago.

You definately have to watch some games and learn the rules and how to play to really appreciate hockey. There's a lot more to it than the average (non hockey following) person may realize. There is a lot of scoring in arena football, but in hockey you actually hold your breathe at times to see a play work out and a team scores. It's hard to explain without watching the games, but the biggest complaint I hear from people who don't "like" hockey is just because they didn't spend the time to learn about it and watch it. Non hockey people who I've taken to games and explained the rules, penalties, etc have become huge fans of the game. Come on up here next season Fates, I'll take you to a game and learn you some stuff. :)

You guys have got me :D all the way to work and home again.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Hee hee! I gotta tell ya, those back to back shutouts does something to both teams, momentum wise. Eddie was a brick wall for Games 2 and 3.

Leetch, McCabe, Kaberle (I'd still trade that guy for a bucket o pucks...) and the others have GOT to keep the opposition away from Belfour's area of influence. He is the Leafs ticket to the big show.

And what a freakin' game last night for Nashville. Wow.

I'll see your bucket of pucks for Kaberle, and raise you a jock strap. To think that Bobby Clark would have traded Lindros for Cabby and Markov, and the Leafs refused, and then traded Markov anyway. Aki Berg is the worst IMHO, f*ckin hate that guy.

Totally correct about people not getting hockey, Weasel. Took my friend Dan down to a Panthers game a while back, he couldnt follow hockey on TV too well (he's a baseball kinda guy................ssssslllllllooooooowwwwwww), but seeing a live game got him hooked. He doesnt play hockey, but when a games on, he'll definatly watch it. Sh*t even my mom became a hockey fan after she treated me to a Leafs home game for my 18th birthday. She finds Tie Domi to be as she put it "a fascinating creature", he's not a "who" in her mind, but a "what". Now whenever I visit her in Tennessee, we go to Knoxville Speed games..... really rough games B) .

Ooooh, pucks starting in 20 minutes.... too bad I cant get the CBC down here, without spending 200 bucks on "NHL Center Ice" :rolleyes:

PS: MJ or Fates, we need a crying emoticon

Avs win in OT 3-2, now lead in series 3-1 and playing the next one in Denver. Stars are going DOWN!!

4-1 Sens :angry:

Yep. Ugly.

The CBC had set the mood before the game even started by harping on the fact that Joe Newy was a no-show. No explanation, no quotes or comments from anybody, just a no-show. It's almost like they knew it would affect the overall morale of the Leafs gameplay.

Unnecessary penalties on both sides of the fence in this one (again.) I haven't sat through an entire non-Leafs playoff game, but I sure as hell hope the referees are a little more forgiving elsewhere. A few of the calls last night were abominations, at best. Just who is playing the game here?

Then, with Sundin heading to the dressing room in the 3rd, that took the last bit of wind out of their sails. It is difficult understanding how having 1 or 2 Leafs out of a game can ruin the momentum and drive that they normally have. There is more than enough talent to go around for others to pick up the slack and shine.... so keep playing boys! Don't give up so soon!

Back to T.O...... Go Leafs Go!

Newy havin back problems again, Sundin with an unknown leg injury. Nolan really has to start playin like he used too with San Jose, no excuse for a multi-time allstar to be playing like a 4th liner. Maybe somebody can convince Alex to start playin like he gives a sh*t, if he does, he has the ability to score on command.

Errrrr, see how they do Friday, atleast I can watch that one on ESPN2.

PS. Devils are done, was hopin that would be a brutal 7 gamer. :angry:

Habs' season ends tonight.

Sh*t I forgot Nolan's not even playing..... power forward made out of glass :rolleyes:

Yep, it's a sad state of affairs for the Buds at the moment.

You almost wanna hope it's some kind of divertive strategy to psyche out the Senators, but alas, it is not.

Even in this morning's papers, Newy and Mats are questionable for tonight's game at the ACC. Stajan's been at practice, which is fine by me because I think he's fast and more than willing to step it up.

Mo is just not himself after that hip surgery. Damn, I don't even think I'd be myself after something like that. Word is he's retiring after this season, which makes sense because the otheo will be with him for the rest of his life. Sold the North Toronto home and everything....

Maybe, just for the hell of it, they'll throw Mr. Bucket-o-Pucks into a winger position.... he is sooo much better there. We've seen it before, but I can't figure out why Quinn won't do it again.

They gotta put their 2002 1st-round-playoff game-faces on and take the Sens to school.

Go Leafs Go!

I have to caps at home. One Detroit Red Wings and the other is Toronto Maple Leafs. This teams maybe in the finals???

Salute

Dutchy

Dutchy,

Detroit's got a clean shot at going to the finals.

Toronto's got a steep, uphill battle to do the same. :)

Ottawa is susceptible to the grit and determination of the St. John's Maple Leafs. :lol:

Tucker, Domi, Roberts, and a few others may not get down about losing Mats and Newy, but those Euro's sure do lose heart quick (no offense Dutchy), just seems that guys like Bucket-o-Pucks and Mr. let me take a slap shot on a penalty shot (both Czechs) give it up unless there's an olympic medal involved.

I suspect the Captain to be suited up for tonite..... Newy's a bit old though. Hmmm, Ronny Franchise could show some Pittsburg flare. Who knows, but tonite is a must win.

PS: I got one series right so far...... Bye Bye St. Louis :D

Second round starts Thursday, think everybody's teams got through the first round.

GO LEAFS GO!

You just gotta be-leaf in Toronto... holy smokes. What a game. 4-1 final. Ottawa is going home.

Patrick Lalime could not get rid of the Game 7 jitters and let 3 goals slip past him in the 1st period. If anyone watched the replay of third goal seep through the 5-hole, THAT was something else. The door was closed and the pads we're locked, but still, somehow, Newy's slapshot squeaked through the hairline seam and into the net.

Horseshoes were with the Leafs last night, that's for sure. Eddie was stellar. The team should sign all their checks over to him. :D

Go Leafs Go!

Let's go Detroit, let's go!!!!

Red Wings rules the hockey world

With all the Maple Leafs, somebody has to be for another team. :D

Salute

Dutchy

ps. I wear a Leafs Cap.

LOL! Thanks, Snapple. The folks around here are gonna love that image.

3-1 Philly.... ugh. No one said it was going to be easy for them. :(

And how about Calgary sneaking one past yesterday. Holy smokes.... :) There's some good hockey to be had on the tube this weekend.

(rest up and) Go Leafs Go!

I don't know if they will run the table. (I don't know much about Hockey) but GO BOLTZ!

Oh ya, that was awesome!

Rootin for Bolts to knock off Habs, so maybe I can scrounge up some cash and see a Leafs playoff game, that is if the Leafs also advance.... which they will :D

Rootin for Bolts to knock off Habs, so maybe I can scrounge up some cash and see a Leafs playoff game, that is if the Leafs also advance.... which they will :D

Well, after last night's game, the Buds have one hell of an uphill climb. Domi's goal was a sweet tip into the net. Esche did not have a chance.

Last nights game looked promising from the outset. I really believe that an open game favors T.O., but Esche has been really really good. Leafs need to just start throwin the puck at the net more often, 1 or 2 bad goals could cause the Esche Bubble to burst, and there goes Phili's morale.

The 2 days off should also play into the Leafs favor, really looking forward to game 3, a must win game.