Sign in to follow this  
Thog10

SF2I / December Patches

Has anyone written a post on updating mods to the current (SF2I / December) patch standards?

So far I've noticed problems with effects (most notably afterburner) and avionics.

(I have been able to update older mods to SF2 standards before, but the latest round of patches has thrown me.)

Whats actually happening with your effects and afterburner?

I have noticed that the F6 Lightning has a white blob in the engine half of its 3D model - which only appears post June 09 - no idea whats causing that yet.

Whats actually happening with your effects and afterburner?

I have noticed that the F6 Lightning has a white blob in the engine half of its 3D model - which only appears post June 09 - no idea whats causing that yet.

That anomaly is probably due to the afterburner node entry. If the model was not created (or modified in 3dsmax and re-exported) with a proper afterburner node, you cannot add one and expect it to work. I've encountered some earlier (series 1) models, that had a specific afterburner node, but it was not intended to work the way series 2 ab nodes do.

I'm missing the afterburner effect on the F-22 in SF2I.

I don't remember if there is a thread that mentioned how to fix this, I think there was.

I did follow the install instructions.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

I have all SF 2 games installed as a merged install. I have all of the cockpit ghost as has been previously written about plus these also; See following photos.

I do not have access to TK forum, had a log-on once but did not use it for quite sometime, well a very long time and when I try it fails now so I hope TK looks here.

I do not seem to be having any of the other problems I read about in the Dec 2009 Patch alert posted here at CombatAce since I added the Dec 2009 update to my merged install. I am using the new weapon and gun editors as well.

Now none of the following problems exsisted before SF2 I install except for the F-4m missing lense. It seemed alway to be missing.

I am running Win XP AMD 2611 Mhz with one gig of ram and Ge Force 7900 GTX 512 mb. I have updated DX drivers and video drivers, ghosts remain.

I really have no idea what maybe causing the ghosts but I know they are not missing textures because they exsisted before SF2I merged install. I was waiting and hoping one of TK's updates might fix the problems, in time TK normally does, but then I noticed stock Skyhawks had developed the problem too.

Now what the following pics show do not put me off playing the the games, but it would be nice to have them fixed one day please.

James Fox.

PS. TK has updated the Skyhawk droptanks, I have updated my droptanks for the A-4k modes and will release soon. Thank You TK.

Some stuff on graphics issues since SF2I overall:

If you are not on a DX10 compatible OS and hardware, try to force DX9 via main options ini.

I had issues with MiG-21 pits in SF2I when I reduced effects setting to medium, that turned off some DX10 functions but since I do have DX10 OS and hardware it probably caused some confrontations and thus glitches like theese.

Also if you do have DX10 OS and hardware, do not use HDR mod, it will most probably only cause problems and it can't up your fps.

If however your DX10 hardware is low end and you are NOT happy with performance, then force DX9 via main options ini and only then apply HDR mod.

Just to get this strait:

You either go fully with DX10 or fully with DX9, don't mix as you will end up in errors!!!

If you want to use DX9, find "ForceDX9=" in your main options.ini!

That anomaly is probably due to the afterburner node entry. If the model was not created (or modified in 3dsmax and re-exported) with a proper afterburner node, you cannot add one and expect it to work. I've encountered some earlier (series 1) models, that had a specific afterburner node, but it was not intended to work the way series 2 ab nodes do.

Thanks for the reply Fubar - i think Russ created this one - If you are saying the 3D model is the cause - will get a screenshot up