Sign in to follow this  
Stiffy

Blast!

Finally got a chance to play some OFF!

Downloaded HITR!

Installed it all!

Time to sit down and get back into the DiD campaign!!!

ALL FLIGHTS CANCELLED

blink.gif

And the weird thing is I still think the historical weather is a fantastic feature!... could try a different pilot... but I even like the immersion of being grounded lol

Edited by Stiffy

simpsons_nelson_haha2uwr.jpg Edited by Siggi

Hahaha!!! Hey, guys - Stiffy has woken up!

The most flights are cancelled since weeks now, Stiffy.

In all our squads, English and German. Where have you been?

Yup spent the day off yesterday playing OFF Hat in the Ring and boy was it fun seeing that 6 days flying was cancelled... at least it allowed my pilot to live a bit longer :heat: and get his 2 claims confirmed...

I was captured and I'm in the clink planning my bust-out. A friend of mine sent me a rumcake you see. But hey what's the hurry, the brits are giving me food and heat and I'm learning about homebrew from an old german artisan.

Meanwhile I get to check out the new planes and HITR features. No DiD, enjoy HITR Stiffy. :drinks:

Yeah, they won't let you starve, Rickitycrate.

See, if you can get some fluffy Yorkshire Pudding; or the heavy, but tasty Plumpudding.

Not all British cuisine is bad!

Oh yes - Germans often talk as if they are the world champions of beer brewing.

But I have had some very good bitters over in England, oh yes!

And they most often even make them more after the Reinheitsgebot (German purity law)

than us, cause the British beer is not aerated with carbon acid.

We do that here to get it pressed out of the barrels into the faucet.

They do that by pulling the pint with low pressure - they pull the handle, which causes

the low pressure and that will make an exact pint run into your glass.

Proost!! On the British beer - may it never be changed! :drinks:

mmm beer.... right I 'm off to get one now! Got some Wychwood's Hobgoblin in the cupboard downstairs should be perfect.. just a slight chill below room temperature.

And on that subject I think we need to clear up this whole english drinking warm beer thing!

Firstly it is important to know the difference between lager and beer!... the stuff you drink in america like budweiser etc is not what we call beer! it is Lager! (yes I know it is technically a type of beer).

We, like you drink LAGER icy cold Chilled.

What we call beer is what is also known as Ale, which is drunk at (or just below) room temperature (not warm!).

Although I love real ale Lager is far more popular over here these days... possibly as it is lighter and easier to drink and suits our penchant for binge drinking and casual violence!

That being said I also love a pint of good German lager

Of course the most important thing about british beer is we drink it in REAL pints (20oz) ... not the little 16oz things americans call pints good.gif

mmm beer.... right I 'm off to get one now! Got some Wychwood's Hobgoblin in the cupboard downstairs should be perfect.. just a slight chill below room temperature.

And on that subject I think we need to clear up this whole english drinking warm beer thing!

Firstly it is important to know the difference between lager and beer!... the stuff you drink in america like budweiser etc is not what we call beer! it is Lager! (yes I know it is technically a type of beer).

We, like you drink LAGER icy cold Chilled.

What we call beer is what is also known as Ale, which is drunk at (or just below) room temperature (not warm!).

Although I love real ale Lager is far more popular over here these days... possibly as it is lighter and easier to drink and suits our penchant for binge drinking and casual violence!

That being said I also love a pint of good German lager

Of course the most important thing about british beer is we drink it in REAL pints (20oz) ... not the little 16oz things americans call pints good.gif

Stiffy, you have reminded me of one of my favourite advertisments extolling the benefits of ale over lager.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_l3hE1L9RPR4/R4S-pMDZySI/AAAAAAAAB0o/IG4_wCd-aW4/s1600-h/adverts_lager_boy_poster.jpg

With all due respect to its fans ,I never could get on with Budweiser after I read the ingredients and discovered rice was one of them.Saki beer!

best

nio

Ha! I thought Stiffy made a joke with that name - Hobgoblin - it does exist?

Ha! I thought Stiffy made a joke with that name - Hobgoblin - it does exist?

It does, and it's a nice little drop.

hobgoblin_large.jpg

Imported? Where from? Wychwood? Hobbitshire?

Is it true, that you British don't like your major breweries so much?

A bitter I remember to have liked in my last visit 1989 in Cornwall, was Director's Bitter -

possibly by Courage Brewery?

It's made in England, in Oxfordshire

The photo must be from a foreign bottle.... over here the label reads... "Traditionally Crafted Legendary Ruby Beer"

They brew some other good beers like Circle Master and Goliath

And also a very nice english cider called Green Goblin

The real ale houses are one of things I miss most about England. I did my level best to enjoy as much of it as I could for the three years I lived there.

mmmmmmmmmm...aaaaaaaaale

I remember to have liked in my last visit 1989 in Cornwall, was Director's Bitter -

possibly by Courage Brewery?

Yes Olham. You are correct.In certain hostelries in the City of London the same beer is sold in pewter tankards under the name Davy's Old Wallop. In sufficient quantities it can be a handful!

best

nio