Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

Nagging CFS3Config Issue

Hey guys,

I've been doing some flying in HITR and noticed my frame rate wasn't nearly what it was before. I've been using Homeboy's settings from back in the summer, which have worked great. I went back into CFS3config to make sure they hadn't been reset and noticed that in the texture limit menu the Max Texture Dimension slider, which is set to 1024 by default, was not set to 0 where I put it. I changed it back several times but after running OFF and launching a mission, it keeps getting reset back to 1024. I tried running CFS3config as an admin and had no better luck. Every other setting is sticking except this one, which I'm sure is having an impact on my fps - which had been in the thirties but is now in the mid teens.

Any ideas on how to get the setting to stick? I can't seem to make it work.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Hey guys,

I've been doing some flying in HITR and noticed my frame rate wasn't nearly what it was before. I've been using Homeboy's settings from back in the summer, which have worked great. I went back into CFS3config to make sure they hadn't been reset and noticed that in the texture limit menu the Max Texture Dimension slider, which is set to 1024 by default, was not set to 0 where I put it. I changed it back several times but after running OFF and launching a mission, it keeps getting reset back to 1024. I tried running CFS3config as an admin and had no better luck. Every other setting is sticking except this one, which I'm sure is having an impact on my fps - which had been in the thirties but is now in the mid teens.

Any ideas on how to get the setting to stick? I can't seem to make it work.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Its controlled by OFF - by the craft skin res settings in the workshops...easiest is to change it there

WM

Hmm, I went back and checked and my craft skin settings are set to Normal, where they've always been.

Well dude, surely "Normal" is 1024? :dntknw:

What Siggi said - change it to something else in the Workshop and it will change!

No point in using 0, as 2048 is the max size of the texture.

There's a known bug in CFS3CONFIG.EXE - if you change settings and just click the close button, they will be lost. Always use File/Exit.

HTH

What Siggi said - change it to something else in the Workshop and it will change!

No point in using 0, as 2048 is the max size of the texture.

No point in using 0, as then you'd have a transparent plane. :cool:

That would be a bonus maybe lol. 0 here is unlimited but no point as there is a real limit, the textures, and MOS files are 2048.