Sign in to follow this  
Redkite

Films

Seasons greetings to all

I have seen Blue Max and Aces High and was wondering whether you chaps had any other recommendations.

Cheers

Not in a biased order.

"Hell's Angels" Howard Huges great old film - impressing Zeppelin scenes

"Angel's Wing" French film (about Guynemer more or less)

"Der Rote Baron" not about the real von Richthofen unfortunately, but great scenes about a German Jasta

Seasons greetings to all

I have seen Blue Max and Aces High and was wondering whether you chaps had any other recommendations.

Cheers

IMHO those are the best to date. But mark what Olham said. And don't be offended by the more acerbic Uncleal... it's what he's like... Marmite Man. :grin:

Edited by Dej

Seasons greetings to all

Cheers

I like von Richthofen and Brown 1971

Seasons greetings to all

Cheers

The BBC TV Series "Wings" is also watchable. All early war aviation, with unarmed (at first) BE2's up against Eindekkers. Like I said, very watchable.

Speaking of Wings...that is a l-o-o-o-o-n-g (140 mins) 1927 film (silent). Really quite good air scenes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0018578/

Typical hollywood style storyline. Two guys from the same small town, both in love with the same girl. They get into a fight during basic training, beat the snot out of each other, then become best buds. Despite all that, still pretty good.

What side of the pond, do you hang your hat? Because in GB some DVD's are unavailable used, and New can cost a small fortune

Silly Me . . . it was there all the time, allow me to rephrase. . . were you born with a silver spoon in your mouth ?

Unfortunateley it was plastic Uncleal :sad: