allenjb42

This might be of interest to the Prop Heads

:yikes: Great models!!!!

I like that battleship models. :good:

:yikes: Great models!!!!

I like that battleship models. :good:

thats good cause your going to have to pay for them

I know. Because of YAP.

Not to detract from Zero's efforts, as I can really appriciate the amount of work going into this -hell, the research ALONE for the Pearl Harbor attack will make you crazy-, but you all know that I've already done most of this stuff, right???

Look here at CA and my site (as any mods for DAT aircraft will only be at my site); all the Pearl Harbor stuff -minus Hinch's new BBs (older versions are in the Hawaii map), all the aircraft for Nagumo's strike forces (both Pearl AND Midway), US forces -navy, marine, AAF, terrains, etc. I can also tell you that I've been working with Capun to finish the TBDs, so they'll be here, with 99.9% Historically Accurate ™ skins for Midway -right down to matching modex and BuNums and crew assignments for the 3 squadrons. Coral Sea skins for them are also in the works. (of course, we're missing the actual ships for LEX and SARA...)

Actualy, I'm QUITE interested in how this will turn out -- by my guesstimations, something like 150-175 aircraft for all sides will be needed, gods alone know how many skins with squadron/sentai specific markings. As the guy that's probably done more WW2 mods than just about anyone, for all theatres, this is a MASSIVE undertaking.

Personally, I'm DYING to see what up with the terrains -will they be new ones, mods/rebuilds of Edwards (all of which I've already redone)? With Deuces working those, I'm expecting to see something pretty damn awesome. (and even given the scaling issues in the game, that really f***ed me up with the Hawaii map...)

And, as it looks like it's for 1st Gen games, I can only hope they'll be at 08 levels for the Vista/Win7 users. Be nice to have a moving sea for them; and updated FMs -the most important feature, imho.

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

I have been approached many times .....but as stated all my work will be freeware and not even part will be allowed for use in any payware

I was asked, too! Since it seems I'm the Head Prop Head (strange, I've never really considered myself a Leading Figure ™ in the Community; just One Of The Boys)

I haven't decieded on what to do ... since I know my skins are a bit lacking (never have quite got weathering right), but my decals; expecially for the USN/USMC and the PH/Midway IJNAF aircraft are in the 95%+ percent grouping for accuracy.

wrench

kevin stein

Kevin, go for it m8, do what YOU want to do , not what others want you to.

Kevin, go for it m8, do what YOU want to do , not what others want you to.

Sun nobody is forcing nobody we are all free to do what we want with our mods..and we should never try to force our ideas on others

I was asked, too! Since it seems I'm the Head Prop Head (strange, I've never really considered myself a Leading Figure ™ in the Community; just One Of The Boys)

gotta be kidding yeah?:rofl: 99,9% of all WW2 stuff passed by your hand....

Anyway, Looks good the mod, i would pay for the P-40B, but i'm really having tons of fun with IL-2.

I could be interested if it wasn't from 05's... :bad: it's not about the (good looking) stuff, it's about the man

If this is for GEN1 series it's a NOGO :this: