Soko G2 Galeb

A bit of history:

Yugoslavia's Aeronautical Technical Institute began design work on an airplane, named Galeb, in 1957. The first flight of the prototype was performed on 31 July 1961. Soon, after a full-size wooden mock-up, the second prototype Galeb 2 was built The Air Force needed a trainer with secondary combat ability that could operate from unprepared runways. Not familiar with such requirements, the designers provided for landing gear strong enough to make the aircraft suitable for landing on aircraft carriers.

Production began in 1964, making it the first indigenous jet to enter mass production in Yugoslavia. The first production series G-2A was entered in the aircraft register of the Yugoslav Air Force on 30 July 1965, and the last one on 6 January 1981. Production of updated aircraft for export to Libya was extended until mid-1983. Soko produced a total of 248 Galeb aircraft, 132 of which were used by the Yugoslav Air Force. In the first Congo war, a total of three J-21 Jastrebs and one G2Galeb were delivered to the government, flown and mantained by yugoslav mercenaries.In early 90’s during the Yugoslav war, many airframes of dismissed Galebs were put in flight condition and used together with the single seater variant Jastreb as ground attackers from all sides.

Installation instructions:

Put the files in the respective folders.

There are some .INI files to be edited because not everyone have it in the same condition. For exhample: there are guns and a couple of weapons to be added to their respective WEAPONDATA.INI and GUNDATA.INI and then run the editors.

Plus extract or modify the SOUNDLIST.INI in Flight folder in order to have the JATO sound.

Flight Instructions:

This model have a simulated JATO rocket effect to help in take-offs especially when eavy loaded. To activate the JATO use the controls used for vector thrust. (down to activate - up to deactivate) This system works on the principle of the gun recoil so the "propellent" will empty when ammo finish. The rockets work for 14 seconds. Is recomended to not fire the JATO until 150 Km/h.

When the rockets shuts down you could jettison the spent bottles by Ctrl-D as droptanks.

Credits:

For the model we use the wonderful cockpit for F-80 shooting star, made by76.IAP-Blackbird

Erikgen for the pilots

Aleks and Nghengo for 3d model and texture

Spillone 104 for test flights, JATO mod (bottles and effects), loadouts & sounds

Homer for the serial numbers set taken from his F-84G JRV skin pack

This model is freeware, and so it must remain!!! have a nice flight

The Italian teamonce again giving a lovely Christmas present.This plane really was waiting for me.Since I saw some WIP.I love it for its similarity to the Morane Saulnier MS-76.BoysThank you very much for this plane.

Saludos

Marcos

:good:

What a creative idea about JATO and use TVC for gun firing input. :blink:

Great, thank you Guys!!! :good:

One general question, will the ID(io)T Team add ons been conveted to SF2 Standart?

Well. If someone want to convert it to SF2 standards... why not.

It works fine on my SF-2I last patched (conversion is quite easy).

The Jato rockets are fantastic. :yikes:

Very good Job my friends !

Paolo :bye:

works fine with my merged SF2 install - except for the JATOS. added them to the (extracted) gundata.ini / .dat in my mods-folder, but they do not show up !?!

any idea ?

thx

works fine with my merged SF2 install - except for the JATOS. added them to the (extracted) gundata.ini / .dat in my mods-folder, but they do not show up !?!

any idea ?

thx

Make a new (fake) gun like this. JATO BOTTLE Galeb.rar

Paul :good:

Edited by paulopanz

Make a new (fake) gun like this. JATO BOTTLE Galeb.rar

Paul :good:

Thx Paul,

the JATOS do work, their flames are visible, the bottles do show up in the loadout screen - yet they do not appear as a visual model. i put the bottiglia in the weapons folder, adjusted the weapons.ini - nothing. what is wrong ?

cheers

sokol

Thx Paul,

the JATOS do work, their flames are visible, the bottles do show up in the loadout screen - yet they do not appear as a visual model. i put the bottiglia in the weapons folder, adjusted the weapons.ini - nothing. what is wrong ?

cheers

sokol

got it. everthing works fine.

thx again.

Hi,

i did some conversion and adaption of the JATO-effects, hope you like it:

img00004.jpg

thx again

sokol

Hi,

i did some conversion and adaption of the JATO-effects, hope you like it:

thx again

sokol

Good job Sokol.:ok:

People, i wanna know if you are making the J-1 "Jastreb" version of the G-2?

The G-2 is good, but the J-1 is even better :D

Yep, bring it on!

Soccmel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

P.S. At the moment we moved on another mod.....anyway the Jastreb is scheduled in our wish...

Hey guys, for some reason my Galeb sinks into the ground and blows up. I have no idea why either.

Hi !!

I have exactly the same problem.

In my full merged SF2 installation the plane sinks into the ground and explodes.

Strangly my wingmates are all ok and taxi to runway and take off.

When i start in the air the plane drops like a stone.

Has anybody an idea?

Hi !!

I have exactly the same problem.

In my full merged SF2 installation the plane sinks into the ground and explodes.

Strangly my wingmates are all ok and taxi to runway and take off.

When i start in the air the plane drops like a stone.

Has anybody an idea?

Weird. It works just fine in my merged install. Are you using a third-party terrain?