Sign in to follow this  
SirMike1983

HITR and Missing Configs And Overrides

Has anyone else had this problem-- after installing HITR the game runs ok the first time. But then after you go out to windows that when you try to come back in, the overrides and cfs3config go totally missing. I found that tonight-- now I'm getting an error that these things are missing and need to reinstall OFF entirely. What could have done that?

Has anyone else had this problem-- after installing HITR the game runs ok the first time. But then after you go out to windows that when you try to come back in, the overrides and cfs3config go totally missing. I found that tonight-- now I'm getting an error that these things are missing and need to reinstall OFF entirely. What could have done that?

Hello - I can say its not the expansion, but before you reinstall try going to workshops and press the "Reset CFS3 Files" button - this may sort the issue.

HTH

WM

I had the entire config file disappear in the past as well, the reset did not work, but a kind soul passed along a zipped copy so I didn't have to re-install the entire game. Learning the hard way I now back it up everytime BEFORE patching or updating GPU driver.

PM me and leave an email address and I'll pass the file along if you still need it.

Edited by Venator

Happened to me two days before after updating the video card drivers. Just start cfs3config.exe again and make your settings as you will find the default ones. Even the screen resolution was reset to the minimum.

Well, screen resolution may go wrong, when you change or update your graphic drivers.

I had that too, but didn't loose the config.

You're right-- it looks like it did a driver auto-update without telling me at some point after I exited the game. Interesting that it loses those files though, never come close to having that before.

As a note Olham is right, any video driver update causes CFS3 to barf at start up and ask you to run CFSconfig.

Yep, I keep a few screenies of my settings so that I can run the Configuaration set up after any driver updates without too much hassle.