Sign in to follow this  
JayJay

Ubisoft And Aa

You seen this news? Could this mean AA will get to be a payable game in the future? I play AA cause it's a "real" combat simulator but I also play it cause it's free and gets regular updates. We all know what happens to a game once it gets to be payable. Not good news IMO.

Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, and the U.S. Army, the world's premier land force, announced today that they have entered into a long-term agreement to develop and publish games based on the America's Army game.

This historic agreement will dramatically expand the reach of America's Army to the vast console game market. The partnership gives Ubisoft unprecedented behind-the-scenes access to the vast resources of the U.S. Army, to give console gamers the same realistic, action-packed, military experience players have enjoyed with the award-winning PC game.

Now, thanks to this agreement between Ubisoft and the U.S. Army, console gamers will be able to join the experience beginning in summer 2005.

is it good for PC owners too? :\

I personally don't think that AAO is going commercial. Yes they are in agreement with UBI but it's my understanding that this is simply to market to console machines.

You have to remember that this is a recruiting tool, and there are many more highschoolerss out there that may have a playstation or Xbox, and they don't have a PC. So, what better means to get the product out to more masses.

I'm hoping that with the US Army steamrolling the show, you may wind up paying for the console version, but it will be relatively low cost compared to other console titles like Vice City. Expect them to charge a few pennies above the cost of production and shipping. Maybe $9.95?

However it does say: "Based on the America's Army game".

That may be construed to say that there may be a different console version all together, something that may not even be endorsed by the US Army...and certainly no free.

I don't play consoles so IMHO this doesn't effect me at all. That and my experience playing the game has been waining in recent months without the lack of some new maps and abilities. Can't wait till version 2.1 is released.

<C>

Fates