Sign in to follow this  
Dogzero1

Downloads capped?

Hi

This is a quick question the the administrators. I have read the rules and read about the download restraints, but at the moment I am only allowed to download one file per day. Is this right? I just tried to download SF2V air and ground wars expansion pack 4 after doing part 3 and its not letting me. Is their a cap on download size?

Thanks and merry xmas.

Dogzero1 out.

Edited by Dogzero1

i dont know the exact numbers involved but being listed as a new member you will have a low download limit. the more you post the higher your rank in the community will be and the more you can download. another route is to get a subscription if you can afford that i think its only 6 or 7 USD. i notice that youve been with us since 2004 but only have 11 posts. if thats not right you might wanna get with the admins to fix it. hope this help you out.

Thanks.

Yeah been hanging around for a few years, just dont post much. I enjoy reading others though.

Been in to combat flights sims since 1984 on the Commodore 64 right through and never stopped. I used to post many moons ago on Frugals world, CombatSim.com, SimHQ and this one a little bit.

Back to the download limit, I understand the limits but as I only wanted to download two files today I thought I could, but there is obviously a kb limit too.

Cheers

Dogzero1

Which can also be changed depending on your membership. Naturally the higher the membership, the more you can download. CombatAce to me is the best resource for the Strike Fighters series, and even as a moderator I fork over money because it gives me downloads, and supports maintenance of the site. Basically a win-win situation for me and everybody who does join up.

read here it should help or contact admin for more info http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules enjoy your stay u a new member so welcome

I am not a new member bud. :drinks:

Thanks for the direction though. It says in the rules that as a new member I am allowed 8 downloads per day. I can only get one at the moment. Is that a fault? I will look in to contributing maybe (cash wise) but not yet as cash is tight.

ps, how do you get to be a valued member? Do you subscribe?

Which can also be changed depending on your membership. Naturally the higher the membership, the more you can download. CombatAce to me is the best resource for the Strike Fighters series, and even as a moderator I fork over money because it gives me downloads, and supports maintenance of the site. Basically a win-win situation for me and everybody who does join up.

I agree with you. CombatAce is a superb site. I love it. I am glad I have purchased every single on of TK's combat flight sims and contributed to his continuing game development. But if it says in the rules that a new member is allowed 8 downloads per day, thats all I was expecting. But I am not getting more than 1 for some reason.

Merry christmas. :salute:

I agree with you. CombatAce is a superb site. I love it. I am glad I have purchased every single on of TK's combat flight sims and contributed to his continuing game development. But if it says in the rules that a new member is allowed 8 downloads per day, thats all I was expecting. But I am not getting more than 1 for some reason.

Merry christmas. :salute:

I would send a message to Fates and or Erik to see if they can look into the problem. It goes deeper than I can fix.

Agreed Dogzero1, but like USAFMTL said, that's an admin issue that I can't fix either. I figured it was just a cap on your status, that's all.