Not sure if my memory is fading but was there ever some coding for gun recoil - visual or simulated? I'm trying to make a gun slide back into a mesh once it fires. While I'm at it, I'd also like to know if that recoil can affect ships? I know that recoil does affect aircraft.

Maybe I can get this monster to lay waste along the Mekong

Edited by Old Diego

There's no Entry. It's more or less fators that lead to both Simlated and Visual. If one has ever fired a A-4 while sitting on the runway, You'll see the Front Landing Gear Shock move the Nose up and Down.

From the Gun's standpoint, We have these Ballistics to work with:

Caliber

Rate of Fire

Muzzle Velosity

Ammo Weight

Warhead Weight

And for the Ground Object:

Burst Amount

As far as I can tell, With the Right Ballistics set up for the Gun, You should get the proper Recoil of it.

331KillerBee

That's what I was afraid of. Since ships don't have "shocks" the recoil would be limited to only having the ship move in the opposite direction of fire.

Thanks Gunney.

Monitor??

very cool....be nice to see that wandering up and down the Mekong!

wrench

kevin stein

Monitor Program 5 with a 105 Howitzer for pillboxes and a couple of 20mm turrets for the smaller fleshier stuff.

You won't see it wandering alone. :secret:

Diego,

TK added animations for gun hammers, cocking levers, and the like in FE, and subsequently upgraded all of his sims to that patch level. I'm sure that you can use that animation type to simulate gun barrel recoil.

Diego,

TK added animations for gun hammers, cocking levers, and the like in FE, and subsequently upgraded all of his sims to that patch level. I'm sure that you can use that animation type to simulate gun barrel recoil.

orly? Now that I am interested in. Also a way to make guns alternate fire.

Diego,

I'll look into that. I hope its not limited to FIXED guns on aircraft.

That's looking real sweet, Gunney.

Edited by Old Diego