Sign in to follow this  
OLD NAVY

HiR Freezes during initializing

Added expansion pack HiR and finished one mission. Game now freezes during WWI World iniialising phase. Error message: An invalid character was found in text content. Error on line 321, position 45 in files:??users/owner/appdata/roaming/microsoft/cfsww1%20over%20flanders%20fields/unlimitedPilott.xml". What is the proper way to report these occurrences to the OFF team? I know they don't want these issues reported in the known issues thread above. The only solution available to me is to reinstall which I am about to do using HiR from the tempory files I already have. I don't feel like using one of the two downloads I have from avangate.

There's probably nothing wrong with your download file. It's an error in the unlimitedpilot file as above. You did apply the new patch? There's a known issue with Esc Laf see known issues thread.

Install patch. Try deleting all pilots first. If you still have problems email support with your order number and problem OS etc and we'll try to help. Support email is at bottom of FAQ page.

Polovski:

You're right. The patch corrected my problem. Now I got a chance to see the Frenchman in his fur coat. Is that your work? The artwork in OFF is awsome. It gives OFF an advantage over other sims. I learned to fly in a Stearman biplane in WWII and have fond memories. I love the chance to fly all these old airplanes. The flight models in OFF are extremely realistic. The only thing missing is bumpy air and the cold air in your face.

Indeed, look into your workshop settings for wind. It is now even bumping your crate.

And for the cold air: place a pot of ice cubes in front of a fan blowing into your face.

As close as it gets...