Sign in to follow this  
Guest British_eh

WIND and more

Guest British_eh

Obviously I have the HITR and have been pleased with most of the additions. As in any new item, there are always a few things to sort out, and OBD has managed to fix most items. What is puzzling, to me anyway, is the fuel issue. I suppose the other addon stuff has mucked it up. Certainly, if we did have it before, can it be adjusted to allow us to select our fuel loads? Perhaps even if there were static fuel loads per aircraft. I don't want much in my Dr.1, as I'm hunting only. My Strutter needs lots, always a bridge to far to bomb.

The Terrain and Scenery is nothing short of spectacular, however too much for my old tired eyes. I followed the OBD recommendations and toned down sliders and Terrain detail, and have got my FPW back to almost where it was before.

OK, the WIND, what a great addition. Some feel it's not enough, other's too much, and for some, it's just right, ( no, I'm not talking about the Three Bears). For me, what with the increased visual stuff, lurking AI, and now WIND, I found I was just plum tuckered out. So, I took POL's advice, and went from Historical Weather to Mission generated weather, and the WIND is now just about right. So, just to let you know, like most things in OFF, it can be tweaked.

Cheers,

British_eh

Edited by British_eh

Yes, it can. And in spring, you could still go back to "historical wheather".

This 'Workshop' is a phantastic item for such a sim - everybody should find

a way to be pleased by "his" OFF.

Haven't tried this yet. Exactly what is the difference?