Sign in to follow this  
Panama Red

UltraPack 2.0 Available for download

The latest and greatest all encompassing IL-2 mod pack (UltraPack 2.0) is now available for download. It includes all the lastest new planes, effects and environments for pleasure (either onlinr or offline). All you need is a patched IL-2 up to 4.09m for it to work: http://il2ultrapack....index.php/board,7.0.html

Edited by Panama Red

Is their anywhere (besides that link) that explains this mod? What features etc?

Cheers

Is their anywhere (besides that link) that explains this mod? What features etc?

Cheers

Here is the Readme and it's LOOOONNNGGG. The first post is UP 1.8, the second post is UP 2.0. You will find that it includes 98% of ALL new planes created to date. UP 2.0 has over 540 flyable planes and a lot of new mods incorporated (with a selection of a lot more): http://il2ultrapack.net46.net/index.php/topic,590.0.html

Question - Do you think that the file optimization outlined in the readme would allow me tp fly w/ decent FPS?

My system specs are pretty low - see below.

I can play stock at very decent FPS but I tried the mods some months back and they just killed my frames.

Any insight you can give me would be great.

Thanks.

AMD Athlon 64 AM2 3500+ CPU

4GB DDR2 PC4200 Non-ECC Memory (4GB x 1)

MSI K9N Neo-F V.3 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 560 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

16X DVD+/-R/RW Dual Layer Drive w/Cyberlink

EVGA 9800GT 1G 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express (2.0)

Turtle Beach Riviera Sound card

Windows XP Professional

Thermaltake Purepower W0100RU ATX 12V 2.0 500W Power Supply

The only difference between this mod and stock will be the effects on your FPS. As a result, you have the ability to PICK the level of effects you want depending on your PC. A plane is a plane, so there is no difference there.

Enjoy !!!!good.gif

Hi guys! I'm trying to get the Ultra-Mod 2.0, the link takes me to 000webhost.com and informs me about their hosting services and different rates.... no link for actual download. Did i mess up!?

Thanks

:dntknw: Same results as markkyle66! Isn't there a place to download this without being hostage to 000webhost? If so where do I go to get the "Ultra-Mod 2.0 ? :yes: Edited by Tuba2

First thing, forgive me if I'm saying something really stupid.:grin:

After installing UP 2.0 I've tried to start a new campaign an I discovered There is no italian campaign. I haven't played in a while so it could be that actually there was no italian campaign in the original game and I just didn't remember, but I am not sure. So, is there an italian campaign in the original game?

No Italian Campaign in the original game.

If you go here to Mission4Today, you can download as many campaigns as you like and there are several Italian Campaigns you can choose from in the stock Downloads Browser section: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Home-Downloads_Menu

If you are using the UP 2.0 mod (with patch), that means that you can also use ALL of the modded campaigns/missions too (as long as you have Battle over Europe for those DGen campaigns that require the BoE Just Flight addon).

No Italian Campaign in the original game.

Thank you Panama Red:good:

I got a question about that website you tell me to download that patch from. I mean: wtf is it? it appears to be some kind of website hosting site that offers some hosting stuff for free and others for a payment. But no, any kind of patch can't be downloaded from there, that's for sure. Could anyone help me with that?

I got a question about that website you tell me to download that patch from. I mean: wtf is it? it appears to be some kind of website hosting site that offers some hosting stuff for free and others for a payment. But no, any kind of patch can't be downloaded from there, that's for sure. Could anyone help me with that?

Did you go to Post #10 ??? It will not let me edit my first post so I had to put the new link in Post #10 when the old link became invalid.

Up 2.0 includes several new countries but, is it possible to create campaigns for them? I downloades a campaign about the spanish civil war (republicans) and I copied it from the France folder (it was made for the original game where Spain doesn't exist) to the republican Spain one and it doesn't work. If I'm not mistaken static campaigns doesn't need any config, right? You just have to drop the campaign folder in the country folder. I'm I doing something wrong or making campaigns for the new countries is impossible?

Shotdown:

I would go over to this website (www.mission4today.com) and I think they should be able to help you on your question because there are a lot of missions and skins at that website.

Panama Red

Actually, now it works. I'm no really sure why it works now and didn't work yesterday. I don't remember changing anything.

I finally discovered what I was doing wrong. Blank spaces are not allowed in campaign folder names.

gallery_43085_256_115819.jpg

I installed UP 2.0 recently and I've discovered something (marked with a red square in the picture) in the Bf109 cockpit that was'nt there before. Does anyone know what it is?

Edited by shotdown

You have one of those in virtually all the new electronic items you purchase. It's called a "desiccant" patch and is used to absorbe any moisture that might accumulate in the box during shipping and damage your electronic item.

The Germans put it there in between the two armoured windscreens to stop moisture from building up and fogging the windscreen when you flew from low to high altitude. The earlier Bf-109's did not have it because they did not have the additional armoured windscreen like the later Bf-109's.

Edited by Panama Red

You have one of those in virtually all the new electronic items you purchase. It's called a "desiccant" patch and is used to absorbe any moisture that might accumulate in the box during shipping and damage your electronic item.

The Germans put it there in between the two armoured windscreens to stop moisture from building up and fogging the windscreen when you flew from low to high altitude. The earlier Bf-109's did not have it because they did not have the additional armoured windscreen like the later Bf-109's.

Well, now I have learned something new about Bf109. Thanks for the info Pnama Red.

I have been using this now for a few weeks and it works very well indeed though I feel that some of the punch has gone out of the 20mm cannons on some of the Aircraft the Spits especially... I would have thought putting a few 20mm rounds into a Heinkel engine would cause a very big problem for it... Before anyone says anything I wait and I wait until the target is the only thing in the sight...

One of the cardinal rules is to not touch the STOCK FM's, DM's or WEAPONS on either one of the two major mods (UP or HSFX). If it is an addon plane, they may be different, but if it is a stock plane, nothing has been touched on those three "sacred cows" (no matter how bad or non-historical they may be).

Edited by Panama Red