Sign in to follow this  
Dave

OMG WTF?

........you can recapture the comedy genius that is the original Caddyshack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caddyshack

Read the last part, ah screw it, I will quote it for you.

Warner Bros. has moved forward with the remake of Caddyshack. Shia LaBeouf is attached, but not confirmed, to star as Danny Noonan, with Owen Wilson rumored for the Ty Webb role. Richard Dreyfuss is the only confirmed person in the film in the role of Judge Elihu Smails, the part made famous by Ted Knight. Filming is to begin March, 2010 in Phoenix, Arizona.

There is NO WAY in hell this will be as good as the first. I mean who are they going to get to play Rodney Dangerfields part? This will flop in the box office and I will not be a part of this jackassery.

• Like 1

this is a classic,original,and a master piece.i believe classics can be remade but master pieces should be left alone.the story fit the actors and these are some big shoes to fill.Lets hope they watched CS2 and learn this lesson.

-D-

It's just another example of lack of imagination. Write a new movie? song? Why bother when we can just redo one (sometimes better, most of the time not) and get people to pay for something they've already seen.

Some examples of duplicate movies:

The Manchurian Candidate

The Longest Yard

The Thomas Crown Affair

I'd list songs, but there are too many.

• Like 1

The Italian Job

The day the earth stood still

One of those horror movies, they all blend together.

The songs are the worst, I can't even remember how many great old songs got dug up again and butchered by whorely cyrus and the myriad of Britney clones. I actually heard a woman try to do Steppenwolf's magic carpet ride in a commercial.

If suddenly the jonas sisters redo stairway to heaven or any other brilliance from zeppelin or the 60s and 70s I might actually shoot someone.

Just about the only song remake that was worth anything was the "I'm a believer" they did for shrek.

Ironically, alot of the awesome older songs from the 60s and 70s were actually remakes of songs from the 30s 40s and 50s. But when they did them, they took really bad songs and made them awesome. Anyone ever look for Cream's Sunshine of your love(great) and find the old Ella Fitzgerald(ubercrap)version ?

The horror. The horror (and they damn well better not try to redo that one either)

• Dislike 1

The Italian Job

The songs are the worst, I can't even remember how many great old songs got dug up again and butchered by whorely cyrus and the myriad of Britney clones. I actually heard a woman try to do Steppenwolf's magic carpet ride in a commercial.

If suddenly the jonas sisters redo stairway to heaven or any other brilliance from zeppelin or the 60s and 70s I might actually shoot someone.

Just about the only song remake that was worth anything was the "I'm a believer" they did for shrek.

Ironically, alot of the awesome older songs from the 60s and 70s were actually remakes of songs from the 30s 40s and 50s. But when they did them, they took really bad songs and made them awesome. Anyone ever look for Cream's Sunshine of your love(great) and find the old Ella Fitzgerald(ubercrap)version ?

The horror. The horror (and they damn well better not try to redo that one either)

I don't know where we come from, don't know where we're going to... But if all of this should have a reason, we would be the last to know.... :cool:

The Italian Job

you are one angry young man, arent you? all movies and songs have been done, get over it, and dont start yellin at me. :P

The first one was good? *runs away*

DONT MAKE ME COME UP THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol.gif

• Like 1

Is nothing sacred? what are they gonna remake next, Dr. Strangelove?

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BE HAPPY WITH MAKING MEDIOCRE ORIGINAL MOVIES?!?!?!?!? WHY MUST THEY ASSAULT THE CLASSICS?!?!?!?

you are one angry young man, arent you? all movies and songs have been done, get over it, and dont start yellin at me. :P

Huh? I thought this thread was supposed to be for griping about people ruining classics with aweful remakes?

Anyone else see any ads for this Sherlock Holmes? Do they really have to turn that character into a trigger happy wisecracking gunslinger?

Pray they don't try to remake Airplane!

• Dislike 1

Is nothing sacred? what are they gonna remake next, Dr. Strangelove?

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BE HAPPY WITH MAKING MEDIOCRE ORIGINAL MOVIES?!?!?!?!? WHY MUST THEY ASSAULT THE CLASSICS?!?!?!?

That would be bad, but not a patch on the reality of the situation.

Currently being remade in New Zealand........................................................wait for it.....................................

The Dambusters

Just from the title alone i was avoiding this thread until a morbid curiousity led me here.

What atrocity will Hollywood inflict on us next? Will Caddyshack be ruined like other films such as "The Bad News Bears"? You better believe it! I am of the opinion that a sign of Hollywood running out of ideas was the making of the "Scooby Doo" movie and it's sequel.

• Like 1

Huh? I thought this thread was supposed to be for griping about people ruining classics with aweful remakes?

Anyone else see any ads for this Sherlock Holmes? Do they really have to turn that character into a trigger happy wisecracking gunslinger?

Pray they don't try to remake Airplane!

Surely you can't be serious?

• Like 1

They're remaking Red Dawn as well. Its being filmed in Michigan but is supposed to take place in Spokane. I guess that's pretty cool. Although I have serious doubts as to the ability of Spokanese teenagers to wage guerrilla warfare. About all I see them capable of doing is dressing like horrible impersonations of gangstas.

I'll have to get one of those Spokanistan shirts from Boo Radley's and wear it to the opening night.

Edited by GrinchWSLG

More self-replicating defication from HollyWeird. And they went on strike for more money, let's not forget, just so they couldn't collectively produce a creative bone in any of their heads. All they have the capacity to do is re-hash.

Oh good god.... This is one of the reasons I don't go to movies much anymore!!!!! I really think an original thought and a breath of fresh air would really kill these people!!!!

I hear Tom Cruise is going to don the fur suit and appear as the Gopher.

• Like 1

Tom Cruise is going to be in some action flick with Cameron Diaz next year.

As for Holmes, apparently all the Doyle-heads think the character is close to the books, even though the story is original.

whats caddyshack.?..whos roger dangermouse ? x

xx v xx

I can just imagine an entire musical number devoted to "Put...the candle...back."

You cannot perfect perfection,,,there will never be another Rodney (RIP)

whats caddyshack.?..whos roger dangermouse ? x

xx v xx

seek the dali llama

Yeah, I was jokin with ya, eraser, but sadly its kinda true, all the good ones have been done, all thats left are pale comparisons, and anyways, who'd be brave enough to attempt AIRPLANE!! The mind boggles at the thought,,,