Sign in to follow this  
MKSheppard

SF2 Combo Effect Pack v1.00

SF2 Combo Effect Pack v1.00

Compiled and Cleaned up by Ryan Crierie (MKSheppard)

Also available on my website at:

http://www.alternatewars.com/Mods/SF2/SF2.htm

In case you hit your daily download limit :grin:

-----------------

I claim no ownership or creation rights for any of thes effects; I just modded them to make them work in SF2, and then put them together to make it easier for other SF2 Owners.

v1.00 circa 12/23/2009.

I went through all of my installed effects INIs from all my addons and the various effects packs, like Deuce's, LEXX LUTHOR's Strategic Nuclear Effects™, etc and edited them to make them SF2 shader compatible to fix missing effects like MiG-19 afterburners not appearing, etc.

I used the rule of:

Materials that have BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

EffectShaderName=effectLightLevel.fx

(aka Volumetric emitters like smoke, groundmist, dust).

Materials that have BlendOp=BLEND_INV_SRC_ALPHA_ADD_SRC

EffectShaderName=twColor1.fx

(aka fire, explosion, light, flash, flare, streaks)

Found on Combat Ace Knowledge DB.

I slightly modified LEXX LUTHOR's Strategic Afterburner files so that you can have both Large and Small versions in use at the same time e.g. J58_Large calls the Large effect and J58_Small calls the Small effect. You can see this in the Screenshot for this mod; the one on the left is J79_Small and the one on the right is J79_Large.

I also rewrote some of LEXX's Nuclear Weapons Readme to make it a bit more comprehensible on how to make weapons datafiles call those effects in SF2.