Sign in to follow this  
Buffin

Windows 7

Hello all pilots. :grin:  I want to buy a new PC running Windows 7. Windows 7 is a problem for OFF? Or Windows 7 OFF works with no problems. Thank you for your reply. Buffo

only one pilot i know that had problems,,,but doubt its the os,,,,way too many here with it that say it runs great...

Hello all pilots. :grin: I want to buy a new PC running Windows 7. Windows 7 is a problem for OFF? Or Windows 7 OFF works with no problems. Thank you for your reply. Buffo

Runs wonderfully on Win7 Ultimate 32-Bit at my end. Not sure why, but it seems to run smoother and better than it ever did for me with XP. Can't say enough good things about Billy's new OS in general. The boys from Redmond really did get something right for a change. Now all they have to do is pay the Toronto based software company, i4i Inc. $290,000,000 and figure out how they're gonna' remarket Microsoft Word after they pay up.....lol.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091222/ap_on_bi_ge/us_microsoft_patent

By the way.....Merry Christmas to All!!!:drinks:

Parky

Running OFF BHaH/HiTR on a Win 7 Pro 64-bit desktop. good.gif

I just migrated from XP64 to W7 Ultimate 64 and it runs great. Along with Parky: it runs "better" than on both XP32/64.

Merry Christmas!

plug_nickel (Al)

uncleal -- just did a quick test...went into and out of the Workshop/CFS3 QC a couple of times in a row (did some flight time, shot down a few DH2s, F2Bs, etc) and...no problems, no crashes, no hosed OFF (running Win 7 Pro 64bit, OFF BHaH/HiTR)...

Edited by steve58

did that too. no problems....

Ditto here too! Running W7 Ult_64

plug_nickel (Al)

Hi all,

first saying hello after a year of absence from OFF due to a new job and moving in to a new home. On the old board my nick was "giant2111". Some may stillk know.

Why I write into this thread is due to the following issue:

tried to install cfs3 3.1 (old 2cd) on my Win 7 RC 7100, installed OFF BHAH, patched with superpatch, and minipatch, installed HitR and patched to version 1.46. Fired up OFF and it shows correct version.

So far. Made the settings on cfs3 config according to my system and restarted OFF. Now I did choose all other settings in workshops for DID. Fine so far. Went to QC for a free flight to set my controls. When I clicked "go to field" a window popped up and told me "cfs3 stopped runing....." tried it a few times and it always happend.

So I uninstalled everything and installed cfs3 back again into the default location. Now I just checked cfs3 to start and it refused to do so, just the splashscreen appeared and ms later "cfs3 stopped running...."

So anybody have any ideas?

System specs: QC6600@2,4ghz, win 7 rc 7100, sapphire 5770 1GB, 4GB RAM, creative labs sound card, DX10.1, latest drivers for VC

thanks in advance

Cas

Edited by LtCasey

Sorry for doubleposting, but somehow I´m not able to edit my post again.

while setting the cfs3 config, and leaving it via the exit funktion, it always reset my settings to default, and the cfs3config window tells me not that cfs3 was configurated. it always erases my settings.

thats weird.

Think I got it sorted, at least for cfs3 running. I read this:

http://forum.combata...ng-under-win-7/

and changed The compatbility to win xp. Now CFS3 starts.......

lets see further.

Now I did this for cfs3 config. Now changes are beeing kept.

Cas

Edited by LtCasey

So,

all problems solved. CFS3 running, OFF running, Track IR running.

For me, setting everything to winxp compatibilty, did the trick. If anyone having trouble with win7 and cfs3&off&TrackIR should trz this.

regards

Odd, this has been bugging me after reading post after post about people needing to run CFS3 under win7 compatibility for XP SP2 or SP3.

I have not yet had to use this XP compatibility feature for -Anything- on my win7 x64 install. I'm wondering since my OS is win7 Pro (which has XP emulator built in) whether it is simply doing it automatically? :dntknw:

Odd, this has been bugging me after reading post after post about people needing to run CFS3 under win7 compatibility for XP SP2 or SP3.

I have not yet had to use this XP compatibility feature for -Anything- on my win7 x64 install. I'm wondering since my OS is win7 Pro (which has XP emulator built in) whether it is simply doing it automatically? :dntknw:

Neither do I, and I am using Win7 Home Premium.

Neither do I, and I am using Win7 Home Premium.

Maybe, it is that Iam still using an old RC of win7. I will order win7 ultimate within the next 2 weeks and upgrade my OS. Then we will see.

Regards

... I will order win7 ultimate within the next 2 weeks and upgrade my OS. Then we will see.

Don't quote me on this, but my understanding is that 'Ultimate' only adds extra language support for the OS. Unless you need extra languages, go for 7 Pro, it is the same otherwise.

Have access to an email addy with .edu at the end? Then there is a great sale on for the next few days. Win7 Pro (32 or 64 bit, but not both) for $30 at Digital River. You have to drill on the site through the edu offer for Home Premium version to find the Pro version BUT it is there, trust me, I bought it and am running it! Best R.

Don't quote me on this, but my understanding is that 'Ultimate' only adds extra language support for the OS. Unless you need extra languages, go for 7 Pro, it is the same otherwise.

Have access to an email addy with .edu at the end? Then there is a great sale on for the next few days. Win7 Pro (32 or 64 bit, but not both) for $30 at Digital River. You have to drill on the site through the edu offer for Home Premium version to find the Pro version BUT it is there, trust me, I bought it and am running it! Best R.

unfortunatly :help: not! The Ultimate has bitdefender also, and its currently running on my rig. But if Pro is significantly cheaper, I will think about it.

Thx for the advice

Edited by LtCasey