Dogzero1

SFV2 Air & Ground war graphics help please

Yeah, I can understand that...Here, chalk this up to an idle observation, nothing more, but I specifically bought SFV2 for that mod, and from my knothole the mods in general really make this sim.

So did I. I was using the mod on WOV, then saw that it was available on the new fangled SF2V. So I purchased SF2V with the expectation of great things. And it is great, the modders have done wonderful things, but that last patch has done something and I think TK should at least look into it. Lets hope he does. :salute:

It seems like me and thee are the only chaps currently trying to fly this mod in SF2V. Salute.gif No one else seems to have noticed or commented on the problems. I have posted on the Thirdwire forum now in the hope that TK can come up with a fix.

Dogzero1............out. drinks.gif

Can you please direct my to your post on the TW-forum - I can jump in on that one then, too...

Hum, maybe we are the only ones reporting (maybe even noticing grin.gif ) those bugs. I am quite sure, we're not the only ones running on the Dec2009-patch (although there IS a point in staying with the May2009b-level as was before - especially on older or XP-systems).

Before going to the Dec2009 I saved copies of my original game-install, the "virgin" mod-folder and the mod-folder with the XP-Gold, so I CAN revert back to the old state if I want... But on my Vista-system the Dec2009 offers a couple of things (like Aero-compatability) I like a lot, so I'd rather want to get THAT one running properly...

Hopefully Eric (eburger68) and TK will be able to supply some help there. AND not to have them do all the work alone I already delivered the "minor" fixes I have been able to change myself (the F-4s animated ailerons and the Campaign-screens that is). Those can/might/should be included in some "XP-Gold-Dec2009-compatibility-pack" hopefully coming up soon (Eric already announced he has something in the making).

All the best

Oliver

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem with textures of Intruder and clouds&trees. Additionally i have strange stuttering on beginnig of mission. After beginning for few seconds to minutes sound & graphics stutters, very choppy. It's worst when I'm taking off from carrier. Then everything comes back to normal... Strange... I have tried diffrent sets of graphics drivers, I've made fresh install of SF2V, just with may update, nothing helps. Changing from DX 10 to 9 and turning off advanced shaders didn't help as well. But this mod is so impressive and playable that nothing stops me from playing it :)

Greetings from Poland,

Bart

Can you please direct my to your post on the TW-forum - I can jump in on that one then, too...

Oliver

Here you go Oliver :salute:Thirdwire thread

Thanks - I'll join you in on there... Maybe that will speed up some solution......

Alright gentlemen, for those experiencing weird cockpit issues, I've found for some reason on some aircraft (not all), that the cockpit now needs to be moved exactly 0.5 backwards. (Hell, lucky guess).

This affected all my Northrop 2 seaters (except for the F-5F, oddly enough), and all the F-111s.

So, easy peasy, go into the cockpit.ini of that A-6, find the line that says Position=, take the middle number and subtract 0.5 meters and try again.

As for my models, I've already fixed and uploaded them.

FC

Edited by FastCargo
  • Like 1

Hey folks, been away for awhile. I was just wondering what the preferred fix is for the cloud-tree issue with the SF2V Air and Ground War mod at this time? I'm patched up to the latest level which would be June 2010 I guess. What's the best workaround to get rid of the unsightly trees? Thanks in advance.

I have been experimenting with min base clouds etc for 4 days. I have come to the conclusion that it does not matter what settings you change reference the clouds, I think its something else. I have none of these problems with the WOV version of this great mod, so back to WOV it is for me.

Here is a pic showing it at its worst and for me its unplayable:

img00005.jpg

img00004.jpg

Charlie14:

If you installed through the the latest patch for the Expansion Pack, you should have installed the workaround that was implemented back in January for the trees/clouds issue -- clear tree .TGAs that effectively make the trees disappear from the landscape. Once the trees disappear, you won't see that problem anymore. The clear .TGAs are included in the \Dec2009 folder of the first of the four Expansion Pack download packages.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Charlie14:

If you installed through the the latest patch for the Expansion Pack, you should have installed the workaround that was implemented back in January for the trees/clouds issue -- clear tree .TGAs that effectively make the trees disappear from the landscape. Once the trees disappear, you won't see that problem anymore. The clear .TGAs are included in the \Dec2009 folder of the first of the four Expansion Pack download packages.

Eric Howes

Ahhhh. OK...Actually, I did it ass backwards, I just threw the latest June patch on top of the Beta install of the mod I had from months ago and surprisingly enough it ran without a glitch except for the tree deal. I didn't think it would work and planned on a fresh install but I thought hey why not try it and see what happens...But I see, your latest version accounts for the tree problem. I might be best off just going with a fresh install anyway in that case. I suppose I could try to get lucky again and put your final version on top of the hodgepodge I have now and see what I get.

Charlie14:

I would recommend a clean install. I can't vouch for the results you'll get by just piling on one thing after another.

Eric Howes

Charlie14:

I would recommend a clean install. I can't vouch for the results you'll get by just piling on one thing after another.

Eric Howes

Understandable. Thanks for the guidance, Eric, you saved me a lot of teeth gnashing and hair pulling...

Wow....Eric? All's I have to say is that the final result after all the updates? Unbelievable....It is truly just an incredible mod...The tree problem is gone of course, but compared to where I was with the Beta release? My frame rates are way up, the additional effects are insane, I don't know where to start...Thank you, to you and everyone that contributed to make that mod...It is stone cold incredible...It's more playable now framerate-wise, it's more immersive, it's more everything...It was great in Beta, it's out of this world now. I know I'm late to the game but I had to say thanks.