Sign in to follow this  
rltrahan

adding a lewis gun to a sopwith pup?

I have done stand alone mods like these to WWII aircraft in CFS3 but it doesnt seem to apply the same in moding the files for OFF. Im always curious to see effects of what if scenarios in changes with aircraft and wanted to try it in OFF. Can you do this in OFF ?

No you can't use the original models and change them, but you could make another model (quite some work). It won't work in campaign mode though as it has to have all the correct squad data etc and added to the OFF Manager properly blah..

Hi ritrahan , i think i know what your on about, if you read the Belgium post on the next page there's a HD1 with twin guns that Stump did so you can do it. Mind you looking at Pols post stump might of made 3rd party model himself.

Edited by Red-Dog

Thanks Guys, Im not to big into putting it into the campaign any how because I like the accuracy of the models and I like to fly according to historical setups. For the most part I just like to fool around with the models and see what effects the mods will contribute to the aircraft. In a very few situations during WW1 some Americans where known to make such mods as did the Germans as to add guns but in most of those cases they died becuase of their mods with such things as added weight and not properly calculating for the stress on the aircraft. Most of the planes where flying coffins to begin with due to there stress points and weakness in materials. If alloys would have been perfected then it would have been a whole different war. I will check out the other post and go from there, thanks for the quick replies..... and Merry Christmas !!!

Hi ritrahan , i think i know what your on about, if you read the Belgium post on the next page there's a HD1 with twin guns that Stump did so you can do it. Mind you looking at Pols post stump might of made 3rd party model himself.

DORRECT REDDOG IT IS A COMPLETE NEW MODEL I DID IN GMAX