Sign in to follow this  
vschoell

Fokker DII and DIII

Hello,

is there a chance to get a Fokker DII and Fokker DIII ? It's surely not the famous craft but some of the early aces flew this one often. (Boelcke). I'm a fan from the first days in WW1 so i miss this one.

vschoell

post-17211-12617820695748.jpg

post-17211-12617821927391.jpg

Great Picutres! I'll add my 2¢ too . . . I love the earlier war. Make another addon. Just discovered the HitR was released and got it yesterday. Very Nice work. Please do more!

vschoell, I'm not authorised in any way to say this, but I am very sure,

that as long as the devs feel it makes sense to carry on with OFF and make future

versions of it, they won't rest, but build more craft, until they have all the yet missing

ones together.

It takes very long to build such detailed models, so be patient. One day...

Hi Vschoell Great pictures mate, i don't know about another model yet just after the patch, but whats good is that more and more pilots are joining the OFF experiance so the more that buy the sim the more the dev's can do and one day we could have the whole lot..Salute.gif

I'd love to some point in time, I have a Parasol in the workshop still so it will need a few early contemporaries.

I'd love to some point in time, I have a Parasol in the workshop still so it will need a few early contemporaries.

Thanks Mark,

love the parasol too, please keep on it, but what's about the Fokker DII and DIII ? Anyone started this craft ?

vschoell

post-17211-12617850826999.jpg

And hopefully some day we'll get Caudrons and Farmans and Aviatiks and all the other important early war (and not so early war, many of the 2-seaters were used also later in the war) 2-seaters and 1-seaters, Fokkers included. Though as far as I know, the Fokker D.II and D.III weren't exactly huge successes, but better than Eindeckers in any case.

Yes, Hasse Wind, "Caudron" and "Farman" I read a lot in the kill tallies of German pilots.

Yes, Hasse Wind, "Caudron" and "Farman" I read a lot in the kill tallies of German pilots.

Keep in mind though that early pilots often used the name as the type, in other words... "Vickers Type" or "Farman Type", even though it was not a Farman.... make sense? So when they couldn't identify the exact pusher type they simply substituted the actual aircraft type for "Vickers Type" meaning "a pusher style aircraft".

OvS

We often have these threads I usually bring up the "where is <insert my favourite craft here> ?" ;) Love to have a Fok DII or whatever just time, and what else is more important and so on but who knows we like to surprise people too :)