Sign in to follow this  
Kamikaze

HitR and N-17

I just got the HitR the other day and am just getting into it. GREAT WORK BTW!!!

I do have a question about the N-17. I am getting this odd "jerk" to the left when flying. At first I thought it was due to bad weather . . but I finally got a mission with decent weather and it was still there. I have flipped the auto-trim ON and that does nothing for it (I usually leave that off . . I use CH products and have the Multi Controller that I use for TRIM controls). Other planes do not have this. Its like a loss of lift on the left side, but then the wing rises. And then it repeats itself. Makes flying level difficult. Not a real issue when manouvering. Just wondering if I'm the only one seeing this? And is this normal? I understand the N-17 was a "light" aircraft . . . . .

Also . . not sure who this should go to. I saw the plane list for Jasta1 in the late war seems to be wrong. After the E-V the list shows them getting D-VIIs . . but if you advance the date manually you go back to one of the D-Vs (forget which one now). FYI.

Sometimes Jastas change back to a type they used before, and then later get the craft

that is assigned next in the list.

So the list may read: Albatros D V, Fokker E V, Fokker D VII

But you really get: Albatros D V, Fokker E V, Albatros D V, Fokker D VII

I have that too, here and there. Think nothing of it.

Might want to turn off wind,,and see if it goes away...

My computer is suffering right now,,just dont have time to reload the os,,,but i noticed my planes "jerk" alot too...im sure its just the wind, but because the computer is not up to snuff,,,instead of showing up as a subtle shift,,,its an obviouse jerking motion..

Duck - Sorry to hear about your system. I'll try turning off the wind and see if there is a change. Good idea! My system is not exactly a slouch (3.0Ghz Core2 with 4G RAM and 8800GTX SLI) but I'll try testing this.

Uncleal - Hmmm, not sure how to take yer response. I use a Multi controller for Trim. I suppose I was not too clear that I only used Auto-Trim as a test. It actually causes more problems than it solves.

Olham - Thanks for replying. So seeing some differences can occur. I was not sure if this was what was supposed to occur. When I have worked with databases and there are differences, I would normally try to match things (grin). But if its intentional, that is completly different! Just a note for the Team though. When I build a pilot, I sometimes use that list for searching for a particular aircraft series that I wish to try flying. Personal preference there.

I hope everyone is having a safe Holiday! Be well!

Flight Issue found/verified.

For me at least . . it was the WIND that was causing "oddness" to the flight behavior (THANK YOU Sitting Duck for suggesting looking at this). I also found that I had Force Feedback enabled. Dont use it . . so off it went too. But verified that the WIND was my culprit.

I like the idea of wind . . but if the modeling is problematic . . then I have an issue. So far it seems to always be coming from one direction (at least in this N-17 bird). Are folks here flying with it ON, Or OFF (Praise to the Developers to give us the flexibility to adjust things as we see fit!). I'm curious as to what the community is doing. Just did a quick search and didnt find too much (using WIND as the basis).