Sign in to follow this  
Desert Eagle

A Little Help Pleae?

I got the new combo package with all the new SF2 sims merged and noticed

something odd in SF2 Vietnam, there aren't any trees on the ground. I get trees

in Europe so shouldn't there be trees in Vietnam too?

Also sometimes I get clipping problems with the ground in SF2V too. I see mountains

that should be behind rendered in front of other mountains and there are weird anomalies

with the coastline textures as I can see the seams where they connect with the rest. This

is from a unmodified install.

After some fiddling around I decided to install the SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 Gold

to see it made any difference. Well now I finally have ground trees but the clipping still persists.

Here are some pictures to exemplify:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5920/img00002w.jpg

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/606/img00005m.jpg

I've been looking around the forums for a solution but can't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Desert Eagle:

There aren't any trees in the default SF2V terrain. The SF2V Expansion Pack adds trees as part of the Green Hell 2 mod by Stary (and further modified by Pappa Goat).

I've not seen prior reports of the problems you've seen with coastline textures. It's interesting that you're seeing that even on a default, un-modded install, though.

As for the other visual anomalies you're seeing with the SF2V Expansion Pack, those are known problems with the Dec 2009 patch level (which is what the combo pack installs). Unfortunately, we don't have any fixes as yet for those issues.

I would suggest posting over at the ThirdWire forums about what you've seen with the default, un-modded install. (I wouldn't bother reporting problems with the Expansion Pack over there, as the mod is a third-party add-on, not a ThirdWire package.) Post screenshots of the problems you've seen with the un-modded install, and be sure to include system info (i.e., Windows version, DirectX version, your graphics card, etc.).

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Thanks, I'll do that. In the meantime I've been making some extra checks and noticed that

the problems are not exclusive to SF2V but affect all 4 sims (SF2, SF2V, SF2E, SF2I).

The common link is water. Either being a coastline or river if there is water present

these anomalies occur.

Just tried removing the current install completely, including config files left behind after uninstaling, do a defrag and reinstalling it again to see if it made any difference.

No. Still the same.

The images on the first post are of SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 Gold on a SF2 Combo install, but the clipping and texture problems appear on a clean install too, so it's probably not an issue with the mod but rather the sim itself.